PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal iBook G3 Screen...

Goftrey
May 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
I'm sure you've heard about this issue before...

The Dreaded iBook G3 Backlight Issue

Im trying to type this as fast as humanly possible incase my screen blacks out... Again...

When I turn my iBook on in the morning, it's fine, after about two hours of use, the screen blacks out. So I wiggle the screen and bring it to a 90 degree angle, which works then for another couple of hours, then the screen blacks out completely. To be honest, when it happen and I'm wiggling the screen violently. It makes me want to smash the thing to pieces... I've tried the method of pressing down on the bottom left corner of the iBook (next to the trackpad). Which works.... Until you release the pressure, then it blacks out again... I just thought I ask the wonderful people from MacRumors before splashing out on a new video chip and god knows what else...

Please help... Im a man. In. Need...

stroked
May 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
I would smash it, before I spent any $ on it.

raysfan81
May 28, 2011, 03:08 PM
What do you mean by "before splashing out on a new video chip and god knows what else"? You can't replace the GPU and it would be cheaper just to buy a new working iBook off eBay then bother fixing it yourself. It would probably be cheaper and save you a lot a hassle as well.