PDA

View Full Version : Question about methods and actionsheets

Nekbeth
May 28, 2011, 01:22 PM
Hi, I want to select the first button index of an actionsheet automatically. Meaning that I want the button to be selected as soon as the actionsheet appears. (no option)

I've try many way, but I can't make it work.

Any suggestion are appreciated. Thank you

jnoxx
May 28, 2011, 03:03 PM
U mean literly pressed? why would u present an actionsheet then.. Why don't you just activate the action based upon that action. instead of presenting an action sheet.

Nekbeth
May 28, 2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the response jnoxx. Yes, what you say is true and it makes sense not to use an action sheet for the purpose I described. But because Im using an external API (Sharekit) that uses action sheets to present a Tweeter, among other services.. (I only want to use tweeter), I'm force to use that actions sheet. Have you tried Sharekit before?

The action sheet in there is very complex (for a beginner like me :), it uses many classes and variables in order to show that tweeter button in the action sheet. That is why I can't just take the method and apply it to my controller.

I was able to send a tweet automatically if the textview for tweeter appears, without me having to press "sent tweet".

But now, I got stuck with this actions sheet. I'm trying to find a way to make that first button pressed as soon as the action sheet loads.

My goal is to press a button a send a tweet. (retrieving the information is already done).