PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Apple will update the full, wired keyboard?

seetheforest
May 29, 2011, 03:24 AM
To me it seems like a no brainer to update the wired keyboard to the form factor of the wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad. And I hope they keep it wired so it can serve as an additional USB hub!

kalsta
May 29, 2011, 03:28 AM
To me it seems like a no brainer to update the wired keyboard to the form factor of the wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad. And I hope they keep it wired so it can serve as an additional USB hub!

What do you mean? With the battery storage lump at the back, even though it takes no batteries?

seetheforest
May 29, 2011, 03:46 AM
What do you mean? With the battery storage lump at the back, even though it takes no batteries?Yes exactly... so it can sit flush with a magic trackpad.

Michael383
May 29, 2011, 04:07 AM
I'd like to see a wireless version of the Apple keyboard with number pad.

kalsta
May 29, 2011, 04:17 AM

That's been on my wish list for a while too. Until then, I'll stay with wires.

Yes exactly... so it can sit flush with a magic trackpad.

Okay. I've never wanted a Magic Trackpad so it's not something I had given much thought. I think my brain is hard-wired to use a mouse now. I only use the trackpad on my MBP if I'm sitting on the couch or something, or occasionally for gestures.

patp
May 29, 2011, 01:03 PM

me too. This would be the complete work set up for me if I could get the wired keyboard wireless.

would be winning (wbw).

CHSeifert
May 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
No - apple will release a wireless version with num pad instead. Soon....very soon

iBookG4user
May 30, 2011, 12:37 AM
No - apple will release a wireless version with num pad instead. Soon....very soon

I highly doubt that consider that they have the wireless keyboard without the num pad. Considering that they went from the wireless keyboard having a num pad with the old wireless keyboard to the aluminum keyboard that does not have the num pad.

CHSeifert
May 30, 2011, 04:20 AM
I highly doubt that consider that they have the wireless keyboard without the num pad. Considering that they went from the wireless keyboard having a num pad with the old wireless keyboard to the aluminum keyboard that does not have the num pad.

The wired Will be phased out and you will be able to choose from 2 keyboards - one with and one without the num pad.

iBookG4user
May 30, 2011, 04:36 AM
The wired Will be phased out and you will be able to choose from 2 keyboards - one with and one without the num pad.

I still highly doubt it, they've had plenty of time to release a wireless keyboard with a num pad.

DolemiteJackson
May 30, 2011, 01:30 PM
I don't think they'll look back to a wired keyboard.

NutsNGum
May 30, 2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe they'll start selling a seperate numpad.

You know Apple would rather sell you two accessories than one that can do both.

ActionableMango
May 31, 2011, 07:45 PM
So dumb question here, but every BT keyboard or mouse I've used requires a pairing procedure involving setup steps in the OS.

I know some computers come with a BT keyboard, so how does that work? Are they already paired at the factory?

NutsNGum
Jun 1, 2011, 03:16 PM
So dumb question here, but every BT keyboard or mouse I've used requires a pairing procedure involving setup steps in the OS.

I know some computers come with a BT keyboard, so how does that work? Are they already paired at the factory?

It's a possibility, but I wouldn't see any reason why that's something that any computer company would spend time doing, it's a pretty easy and fast thing to do, even for a beginner.

Put batteries in.

Wait a bit.

We have LIIIIIFFFFFTTTTT OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

macchiato2009
Jun 1, 2011, 04:10 PM
no - apple will release a wireless version with num pad instead. Soon....very soon

----
vh/regards
claus - tapatalk on my ip4

lol :d