Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
I purchased an MBP 13" 2.3 Ghz about 3 months ago. I've been having several problems with it and Apple phone support thinks it may be a logic board issue. They told me to take it in to an Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced. I'd prefer to have it replaced if possible, because my previous experience (20+ years) with Macs is that once the logic board fails it's all downhill from there.

Problem is, I no longer have the original HDD that came with the MBP. I put a SSD in it right after I bought it, and sold the 320 GB HDD along with my old MacBook. I would like to buy a new 320 GB HDD and put it in the MBP so it can be replaced, but I'm not sure what brand came with it.

Can someone tell me? Is it a Toshiba? Hitachi?

Fernandes

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
Portugal
I purchased an MBP 13" 2.3 Ghz about 3 months ago. I've been having several problems with it and Apple phone support thinks it may be a logic board issue. They told me to take it in to an Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced. I'd prefer to have it replaced if possible, because my previous experience (20+ years) with Macs is that once the logic board fails it's all downhill from there.

Problem is, I no longer have the original HDD that came with the MBP. I put a SSD in it right after I bought it, and sold the 320 GB HDD along with my old MacBook. I would like to buy a new 320 GB HDD and put it in the MBP so it can be replaced, but I'm not sure what brand came with it.

Can someone tell me? Is it a Toshiba? Hitachi?
HDs and RAM are user serviceable so i don´t think they will mind

' r i S e n

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
They vary, yes. I had a similar question myself. Someone bought it off you without knowing what brand it was? I mean, it's not important to the buyer, but you just advertised it as a "320GB HDD for sale?"

You should be able to just toss any brand in there, they probably wouldn't care.

badlydrawnboy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
- Well, if they decide to replace the entire computer, they would probably like the hard drive to be included with it.

I believe hard drive models vary. I have a Hitachi in my 15".

Yeah, I think they will want the drive if they replace it!

I'll pick up a Hitachi. They're $50 on Macsales.

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
You'll be safe with a Toshiba or Hitachi. Personally, mine came with a Toshiba.

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
Got the base 13" in March, and it came with the Hitachi HDD. And to be more specific, System Profiler said the model was "Hitachi HTS545032B9A302".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.