PDA

View Full Version : Yoobao iSmart iPad 2 Leather Case

Cmegamighty
May 29, 2011, 12:46 PM
Has anyone bought this case? I want to buy it from ebay. It costs in the $40-$50 price range with free shipping from HK. It even has the smart cover technology built in... Take a look. It doesn't take the thin look and feel away from the ipad. Actually, i think it looks pretty cool!
http://yoobao.com/list.asp?id=1149

gigaguy
May 29, 2011, 01:18 PM
2 huge posts on the Yoobao here, I love mine, you can get it cheaper on amazon.
oops - I see this is a new version, folds like the smart cover. unfortunately it seems that Yoobao are great but their 2nd and 3rd revisions are better.
here we go again.

macbookpro45
May 29, 2011, 01:34 PM
Can you give me a link to the one on amazon? Is there a white color one?

Furthermore where can I find a review of this? Is the material it's made from good/sturdy and does the cover flap stay closed as opposed to flapping open?

Cmegamighty
May 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
I dont see this case on amazon though

3goldens
May 29, 2011, 03:24 PM
nor did I and if they are referring to the case that looks like the Yoobao on Amazon, its not the same thing, I have not seen this new one on Amazon.

Perhaps one of the other posters who said it was on Amazon would be ond enough to post a link.

brooka
May 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
Really interested in this one! Please let me know if anyone gets it.

Interested to see if it has that strong leather smell from the first yoobao case. Might carry over to this case but they I think they might of learnt from having to do a revised version already.

Also if the stand is stable. If the cutouts are perfect and if it's a nice snug fit. Also the quality and if the cover turns the on/off feature when turned all the way to the back of the case. Again...a fix they had to do in the revised version of their other case.

gigaguy
May 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
looks nice. but is it really an improvement on the 2 fold version?

amazonpam
May 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
Look at the pictures closely and you and see that the cutouts aren't precise. Stuff is off centered

henchman
May 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
I didn't like mine.
The magnetic switch never worked.
I got the ion case to replace it.

lucyna
May 30, 2011, 02:44 AM
goo.gl/vymfx This Yoobao Smart Cover Genuine Leather case For iPad 2, $35.99 has anybody tried it?

henchman
May 30, 2011, 10:18 AM
goo.gl/vymfx This Yoobao Smart Cover Genuine Leather case For iPad 2, $35.99 has anybody tried it?

And what do you think we're discussing here?

laurenr
May 30, 2011, 07:01 PM
I really like this case - here are pictures for anyone interested:

I found it here today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/YOOBAO-Slim-i-Smart-Genuine-Leather-Case-iPad-2-Red-/180673791959?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item2a10ff47d7#ht_3711wt_1141

Has anyone actually seen this in person?

gigaguy
May 31, 2011, 12:20 AM
Lauren, crazy me, ordered a black I-smart. Yoobao is my favorite folio case.
We'll see if they've improved on the slim exec folio. I had 4 of those, a ver1 and 3 ver2s, that i got in the $14 deal. Sold 2 easily to friends and will sell off one more if i like the I-smart. Will keep the red slim, love it.
Wary of first versions but hopefully they learned from the other folio.

xStatiCa
May 31, 2011, 07:41 AM
Someinfo, thanks for that info.

Daniel97
May 31, 2011, 07:58 AM
i bought one of these in the UK for 28 and i feel robbed.

Its awful.

Cut outs dont fit, stinks of chemicals, lock function doesnt work all to name a few.

This being its the version 2 i ordered!

Not v happy myself so have gone with the switcheasy canvas

zhoulana
May 31, 2011, 08:45 AM
I found a cheaper one here:
http://www.bestipadcasespro.com/Free-Shipping-Red-Executive-Leather-Case-For-iPad%202-All-Cow-Leather

It is only $39.88 and free shipping!:D:D:D

3goldens
May 31, 2011, 09:01 AM
I found a cheaper one here:
http://www.bestipadcasespro.com/Free-Shipping-Red-Executive-Leather-Case-For-iPad%202-All-Cow-Leather

It is only $39.88 and free shipping!:D:D:D

Unless your in Hong Kong, this doesn't look like such a good deal. You'd be better off on Amazon, also free shipping and you will get it a lot faster too.

gigaguy
May 31, 2011, 09:04 AM
Danny, which model are you talking about? The one being discussed here is brand new, with no revisons (yet). An earlier Yoobao case that looks similar has had 2 revisions with the problems you mention. THey look alike, but this one folds up like the Apple smart cover into a triangle. the earlier model only folded into a stand into a clip on the back..

gigaguy
May 31, 2011, 09:07 AM
zhoulana and 3goldens ---This is the older case!!
the new one this thread is about is called I-Smart and folds like the smart cover with no clip on the back. look at the first pics on this thread again. people are getting the 2 mixed like I originally did.

zhoulana
May 31, 2011, 10:07 AM
zhoulana and 3goldens ---This is the older case!!
the new one this thread is about is called I-Smart and folds like the smart cover with no clip on the back. look at the first pics on this thread again. people are getting the 2 mixed like I originally did.

It is a mistake.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

laurenr
May 31, 2011, 10:28 AM
Lauren, crazy me, ordered a black I-smart. Yoobao is my favorite folio case.
We'll see if they've improved on the slim exec folio. I had 4 of those, a ver1 and 3 ver2s, that i got in the $14 deal. Sold 2 easily to friends and will sell off one more if i like the I-smart. Will keep the red slim, love it.
Wary of first versions but hopefully they learned from the other folio.

Oh too funny! It seems we both just love the form factor of good ol' Yoobao, I swear I have looked high and low for a leather case that would duplicate everything about the Yoobao - however, I was very grateful to the poster below for giving me a heads up!

we had a small production, we are going to sell in Chinese market only, as the cover is a little short. I'm afraid the complain from oversea,So far, I didn't sell any new case to USA

I really appreciate you letting us know about this case, as I was about to order one! Could you please post in this forum when the problems with the Yoobao iSmart cover are fixed?

gigaguy
May 31, 2011, 10:52 AM
Now I'm getting nervous with all these posts. Most are about the slim exec case that came out months ago.

What does some info mean by 'the cover is a little short'? I think he means supply, hopefully.

laurenr
May 31, 2011, 11:09 AM
Now I'm getting nervous with all these posts. Most are about the slim exec case that came out months ago.

What does some info mean by 'the cover is a little short'? I think he means supply, hopefully.

The poster above mentioned complaints from overseas, so I thought he was referring to a defect in this new design - that the cover was too short. Perhaps he meant they did not manufacture enough of them?? I hope he posts back here soon.

gigaguy
May 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yikes, I ordered I-Smart already, dam, if they know it's flawed then why sell it.

laurenr
Jun 1, 2011, 12:49 AM
Im not getting this I reply and I have to wait for some Moderator dude to approve what I post, it is too much work. Good luck, hope it all works out fon You. Im going back to Just reading and enjoying the Politics in here. I Just had to become a member to hopefully stop history from repeating itself again.

Thank you SO much for letting us know that there is a problem with the Rev 1. I hope you can let us know when the Rev 2 is ready!:D

gigaguy
Jun 2, 2011, 10:26 AM
eBay seller finally got the info on the revision and let me opt out of the ver1 purchase. Doesn't Yoobao do any testing before mass producing product?
Something is shoddy in their modeling prototype process.
I can understand early on and no one has a real iPad to test and wants to rush into the market, but here, 2 months out, slip it on some iPads before you mass produce.

laurenr
Jun 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
eBay seller finally got the info on the revision and let me opt out of the ver1 purchase. Doesn't Yoobao do any testing before mass producing product?
I can understand early on and no one has a real iPad to test and wants to rush into the market, but here, 2 months out, slip it on some iPads before you mass produce.

Are you referring to the new case with the folding, "smart cover" design? If this is the case did your eBay seller tell you when the new revision will be available?

BlindMellon
Jun 2, 2011, 11:53 AM
No way that thing will stand up vertically without falling over at the slightest touch.

laurenr
Jun 2, 2011, 02:04 PM
No way that thing will stand up vertically without falling over at the slightest touch.

Hmmm......you may be right about that. I had read elsewhere on the net, about a case that incorporated the smart cover folding design; the user described how the ipad toppled over, cracking the screen.:eek: This is definitely something to consider. Thank you for pointing that out. The center of gravity has to be weighted at the bottom in order for the ipad to stand with the folder cover at the bottom.. The Apple version works because of this. The Yoobao case, being very slim and light weight, might fall over.:(

gigaguy
Jun 2, 2011, 02:09 PM
I was told Yoobao I-Smart ver2 out about June 10.
and yes, this post is about the new I-Smart smart folding cover designed one.

lucyna
Jun 3, 2011, 08:35 AM

So, does this ebay seller provide the YOOBAO ipad 2 leather case?

Robert7200
Jun 4, 2011, 01:04 AM
I received the latest generation Yoobao black leather case today. At first, it appeared to be everything I was looking for in an iPad 2 case. The leather looks great, high quality stitching, great fit, slim profile, overall very professional looking. However, the case has a really nasty chemical smell. It may be the chemicals used to treat or dye the leather. It is so strong, I am concerened that it might be toxic. Remember the toxic drywall issues that came out of China a few years back. The Yoobao case is also made in China!
Will be returning this nasty smelling case to the online store asap

xStatiCa
Jun 4, 2011, 07:15 PM
I honestly think you will be missing out on a great case if you do return it. The smell is from the glue between the felt and the leather. It will dissipate over several days.

Out of all the cases I have gone through I still like mine and use it when I want more protection than the belkin snap shield provides.

.... And just about everything is made in china including your ipad that you are looking to put in the case.

laurenr
Jun 10, 2011, 04:54 PM
I was told Yoobao I-Smart ver2 out about June 10.
and yes, this post is about the new I-Smart smart folding cover designed one.

Does anyone know if the revised version of this case has been released yet? (the one which folds like like the Apple smart over).

xStatiCa
Jun 24, 2011, 10:03 AM
What place is selling the second version of the iSmart case? I want to make sure to get the second version.

laurenr
Jun 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
What place is selling the second version of the iSmart case? I want to make sure to get the second version.

Look for it on eBay; I know I have seen it there.

xStatiCa
Jun 24, 2011, 10:59 AM
Look for it on eBay; I know I have seen it there.

I have seen a lot of the iSmart cases for sale on ebay. The problem is finding out which for sure has the new version 2.

sexytabitha
Jul 8, 2011, 01:41 AM
Has anyone purchased and used the revision 2 of this case? If so is it stable or does it still have issues? And last but not least, do the magnets really keep it closed? Also if the new version 3 executive case is any better now that it has magnetic closures as well?

trevor91
Jul 8, 2011, 10:31 AM
Has anyone purchased and used the revision 2 of this case? If so is it stable or does it still have issues? And last but not least, do the magnets really keep it closed? Also if the new version 3 executive case is any better now that it has magnetic closures as well?

I received the version 3 case yesterday and love it. The cut outs aren't extremely precise, but they are all functional. For example, the headphone cutout isn't symmetrical around the jack, but the entire jack is open. The magnetic cover works (smart cover tech works flawlessly) and keeps it closed, though not as strong as Apple's smart cover. I'm VERY happy with mine.

Edit: As some have said, the case does have a chemical smell, but it fades within a few hours or a day.

laurenr
Jul 8, 2011, 12:07 PM
I received the version 3 case yesterday and love it. The cut outs aren't extremely precise, but they are all functional. For example, the headphone cutout isn't symmetrical around the jack, but the entire jack is open. The magnetic cover works (smart cover tech works flawlessly) and keeps it closed, though not as strong as Apple's smart cover. I'm VERY happy with mine.

Edit: As some have said, the case does have a chemical smell, but it fades within a few hours or a day.
Seeing as more than one style case has been discussed here, I'm a bit confused as to which case you received.:confused: Is it the one pictured below?
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=287436&d=1306799890

If so, how steady is it in the position shown? I would hate to think of the iPad's screen if it toppled over.:eek:

gigaguy
Jul 8, 2011, 01:10 PM
Ya'll know I'm a Yoobao fan, but even I get confused with some similarly styled cases and multiple versions. My ver2 of this case is still going strong.
as I know it
ver1 - *stank, *auto on/off issues
ver2 - *fixed, *fixed, + some slight hole fitment issues.
ver3 - added magnetic closure I think.

Im waiting on the newest Yoobao that is open bezel, hard shell back with leather insert, rubber edged. but iIf it had magnetic closure and the 2 fold flap, it would be my dream Yoobao!

trevor91
Jul 8, 2011, 01:26 PM
Seeing as more than one style case has been discussed here, I'm a bit confused as to which case you received.:confused: Is it the one pictured below?
Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=287436&d=1306799890)

If so, how steady is it in the position shown? I would hate to think of the iPad's screen if it toppled over.:eek:

Ah, my apologies! It is this one in the link, not the one pictured in your post.

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genuine-Leather-Magnetic-Generation/dp/B004WHTGS4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310149356&sr=8-3

This one is steady enough to type on at both angles.

sexytabitha
Jul 8, 2011, 01:58 PM
Ah, my apologies! It is this one in the link, not the one pictured in your post.

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genuine-Leather-Magnetic-Generation/dp/B004WHTGS4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310149356&sr=8-3

This one is steady enough to type on at both angles.

Oh that's the older version of the executive case anyways the ver 3 of that case has magnets to hold the cover closed. But thanks

malias4
Jul 9, 2011, 07:46 PM
Does anyone bought this one? http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=126&m_id=160&a_id=360 looks nice , is it the new version or its old!
. I like it alot, any idea were to find it?

sexytabitha
Jul 9, 2011, 08:35 PM
Does anyone bought this one? http://www.yoobao.com/en/product.asp?b_id=126&m_id=160&a_id=360 looks nice , is it the new version or its old!
. I like it alot, any idea were to find it?

It's a future release so being Yoobao you would want to wait for ver 3 or 4 by then the bugs will be fixed as Been witnessed by the ipad2 cases they have released thus far this year

laurenr
Jul 9, 2011, 08:59 PM
It's a future release so being Yoobao you would want to wait for ver 3 or 4 by then the bugs will be fixed as Been witnessed by the ipad2 cases they have released thus far this year

Totally agree! Listen to the Lady, and wait for at least the next version!:p

MrBambinoDent
Jul 9, 2011, 10:30 PM

Yes, I don't what is with this company ?
Don't they have a QA system or anything ? or they just ship anyhting :confused:
Every product needs revisions and returns and stuff.
I have their executive leather case for ipad2 rev2 and still headset port is not aligned and the sleep function doesn't work almost at all so I had to switch it off and miss a nice feature that i paid for in both the iPad 2 and the case :mad:
My brother has the Toblino 2 and it feels much sturdier but it's only drawback compared to the Yoobao is it's bulkier unlike the slim profile of Yoobao's

sexytabitha
Jul 9, 2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, I don't what is with this company ?
Don't they have a QA system or anything ? or they just ship anyhting :confused:
Every product needs revisions and returns and stuff.
I have their executive leather case for ipad2 rev2 and still headset port is not aligned and the sleep function doesn't work almost at all so I had to switch it off and miss a nice feature that i paid for in both the iPad 2 and the case :mad:
My brother has the Toblino 2 and it feels much sturdier but it's only drawback compared to the Yoobao is it's bulkier unlike the slim profile of Yoobao's

Have you looked at this case
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1162248&page=5
Alot of good feedback and it's thin sounds like good protection too. I just ordered it so I personally can't say for myself. But a few members that have alot of posts have nice things to say about it

MrBambinoDent
Jul 10, 2011, 08:38 AM
Have you looked at this case
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1162248&page=5
Alot of good feedback and it's thin sounds like good protection too. I just ordered it so I personally can't say for myself. But a few members that have alot of posts have nice things to say about it

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

flatline82
Jul 18, 2011, 07:44 PM
This is one weird case....however after a small break in period, I'm actually starting to like it quite a bit. The roll-up cover takes a tad bit of breaking in until it works perfectly (lays flat and such against the screen). I left mine over night in the typing position and that certainly helped a lot. Nice case though! Wonder how many revisions of it there will be.. :p

Kanomale
Jul 18, 2011, 11:49 PM
Look at the pictures closely and you and see that the cutouts aren't precise. Stuff is off centered

I see that too, does anyone else have any other reports?

waterson1986
Aug 5, 2011, 03:29 PM
Image (http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=287436&d=1306799890)

It's very unsteady! Yoobao's executive ipad 2 case 3v is much better.

sexytabitha
Aug 5, 2011, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=waterson1986;13121748]It's very unsteady! Yoobao's executive ipad 2 case 3v is much better.[/QUOTE
I pre ordered the new version and should have it Tues or Wed ill let you know if its any better

realbrandon
Aug 5, 2011, 11:31 PM
I still prefer the Executive case. It has to be V3 though.

I do have the iSmart, but I think the 3 fold design makes the cover looks ugly.

PTLinsongz
Aug 12, 2011, 12:44 PM
I still prefer the Executive case. It has to be V3 though.

I do have the iSmart, but I think the 3 fold design makes the cover looks ugly.
H

Regarding the Executive Case, upon delivery how do you discern whether you received the 2nd version or the 3rd version, is it identified somewhere on the product?

sexytabitha
Aug 12, 2011, 12:58 PM
H

Regarding the Executive Case, upon delivery how do you discern whether you received the 2nd version or the 3rd version, is it identified somewhere on the product?

the only difference between ver 2 & 3 is that Ver 3 has magnets that keep it closed.

PTLinsongz
Aug 12, 2011, 01:03 PM
the only difference between ver 2 & 3 is that Ver 3 has magnets that keep it closed.

It seems that some of the reviews where others have received V2 note that there are magnets, but they do not align properly, allowing the case to flow open. A little confusing sort all the review information, especially since Yoobao has some other models like the ISmart and Slim, inaddition to the Executive.

sexytabitha
Aug 13, 2011, 03:55 AM
It seems that some of the reviews where others have received V2 note that there are magnets, but they do not align properly, allowing the case to flow open. A little confusing sort all the review information, especially since Yoobao has some other models like the ISmart and Slim, inaddition to the Executive.

Well I'm here to tell you that Rev 2 DOES NOT have magnetic closure, Rev 2 was just a fix for the sleep wake triggering when the cover was folded behind and the smell issue, rev 3 of the executive case just added magnets to HELP keep it closed mine worked fine after a few days, i just received the iSlim the other day and its great, not the snap that the smart cover has but well worth the $35, The iSmart was ok but didn't like the cover but a nice case but i did return it once i found out my seller was getting the rev 2 iSlim case.

PTLinsongz
Aug 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
Well I'm here to tell you that Rev 2 DOES NOT have magnetic closure, Rev 2 was just a fix for the sleep wake triggering when the cover was folded behind and the smell issue, rev 3 of the executive case just added magnets to HELP keep it closed mine worked fine after a few days, i just received the iSlim the other day and its great, not the snap that the smart cover has but well worth the $35, The iSmart was ok but didn't like the cover but a nice case but i did return it once i found out my seller was getting the rev 2 iSlim case.

Thank you - you are the best source for these items. What do you mean by "not the snap"? Do you like the iSlim better? Does the iSlim provide enough protection to the sides of the IPAD 2? Thanks.

sexytabitha
Aug 18, 2011, 02:01 AM
Thank you - you are the best source for these items. What do you mean by "not the snap"? Do you like the iSlim better? Does the iSlim provide enough protection to the sides of the IPAD 2? Thanks.

I think it's a great case for the money, very thin and good protection