Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donnelly01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
My AOL Mail account is not posting the time the email arrives properly. it is posting between 0800 am and 0859 am for morning emails and then does the same thing from 0800 pm and 0859 pm for afternoon / evening emails no matter what time it was actually sent. When i open up the email it shows the correct time that the email was sent.

Last edited:

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
AOL hasn't gone out of business yet? I was under the impression they hadn't updated their Mac client in about five years. Get a gmail account.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
AOL hasn't gone out of business yet? I was under the impression they hadn't updated their Mac client in about five years. Get a gmail account.

AOL should be out of business but people who don't pay attention to what's going on in the tech industry support an out-dated and un-updated product. I suggest switching to MobileMe or G-Mail. AOL like Detrius said hasn't updated there Mac client in some time and has no intentions on doing so either (from what I've read).

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002
My AOL Mail account is not posting the time the email arrives properly. it is posting between 0800 am and 0859 am for morning emails and then does the same thing from 0800 pm and 0859 pm for afternoon / evening emails no matter what time it was actually sent. When i open up the email it shows the correct time that the email was sent.

I take it you are trying to access your AOL email through the Mac Mail application?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.