Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxoxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
I need help

i have a MBP 2.2 santa rosa with video failure and a cousin of mine have it in LA
im in Mexico and i need someone to help me with good place or address where i can take my MBP to be fix it. neear to LA please

the MBP have the common video failure and need a reballing or something like that i dont know iuf that fix the problem forever but i get ideas thanks

noe

nxoxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
even if i buy it from ebay and i got no paper:confused:
cause my cousin went to genius bar in apple and someone told that not and other people tell her that she need to go another day
thanks

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
If it is linked back to the known issue with the faulty GPU then Apple will replace it. They do this to avoid becoming collateral damage for using the defective part. If for what ever reason an apple employee give you a hard time, call apple and refer to the documentation saying they will repair issues related to the faulty GPU. Seems the corporate help line is more knowledgeable on most topics than the Apple store employees.

nxoxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Ok thanks my cousin took the MBP to an apple genius and they fixed the MBP and say it wasnt th GPU but the bad thing was the CPU and they fixed the MBP without a cost...
Im going to wait till i got the MBP cause she said it doesnt turn on with the charger (chinese one) but I told her to take it back to the genius in apple and test the MBP so we can be sure if is the charger or not cause i think to buying an battery...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.