Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Hey everyone, I have to make a flash animation for school. We use Windows computers at school and use the program Adobe CS5 Flash Professional to make the animations. At my house I have a Mac, and do not have, nor want to buy, Adobe CS5 (it is really expensive). Any alternatives that will do the same thing as Adobe CS5?

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Are you just doing actionscript or using Flash Pro's stuff(tweening, making movie clips, etc.)

As far as I know, with Flash, the only way you can go with free tools is if you know actionscript, otherwise there isn't really anything out there.

Since you're in school, you should be able to get a bundle for pretty cheap, I got the Web Pro one for $250.

John444

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Ya it is for a project, I am just learning action script, but I still would prefer to use CS5. I really like tweening and animating with CS5 and I was hopping for a similar free program that does the same thing. But I really like the idea of using the demo thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.