Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdyornot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Hopefully someone can help me out on this one - sound has been fine on my MBP until yesterday, now at max volume it's become hard to hear.

I have a cinema display, and when thats connected the volume is now very low also, so I'm assuming it's a software problem, but darned if I can find it.

I've checked the sound settings, and audio midi (just in case) but thats all ok. I haven't installed anything or changed any settings in the last day or so that I can think of, does anyone have any suggestions?

wrongtrousers

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2018
Norway
For what it’s worth (hello, googlers): I’m running High Sierra (macOS 10.13.5), and what caused the same behavior for me was Safari, for some reason. Quitting it reset the volume to its original level.

Reactions: bryanandrew

bryanandrew

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2018
For what it’s worth (hello, googlers): I’m running High Sierra (macOS 10.13.5), and what caused the same behavior for me was Safari, for some reason. Quitting it reset the volume to its original level.

This worked for me on Mojave as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.