PDA

View Full Version : How to edit the "about" box in interface builder?

adcx64
May 30, 2011, 09:10 PM
HI,
how can I edit the "about" box located in my programs main menu? when I compile it, and click "about" on the editor, it just says the name of my project, how can I edit this? :confused:

jiminaus
May 30, 2011, 09:41 PM
How far do you want to customize it? Depending on what you want to do, it could be as simple as dropping a credits.html file into your project, or it could be as complex as implementing a whole new custom window.

adcx64
May 31, 2011, 07:23 PM
I just want to add to what is already there to say by Anthony D.

kainjow
May 31, 2011, 10:10 PM
You can do two things.

One is edit the InfoPlist.strings file and add an NSHumanReadableCopyright value. The format is:
NSHumanReadableCopyright = " 2011 <you>";
(or something like that)

You can also add an RTF file to your project and name it Credits.rtf - the About box will show this file if it exists in your .app, which lets you display additional information.

jiminaus
May 31, 2011, 10:26 PM
You can also add an RTF file to your project and name it Credits.rtf - the About box will show this file if it exists in your .app, which lets you display additional information.

You can only do it with an HTML file now, credits.html. I can't remember which version of Mac OS X introduced this. It does work at least on Mac OS X 10.5.

kainjow
May 31, 2011, 10:33 PM
You can only do it with an HTML file now, credits.html. I can't remember which version of Mac OS X introduced this. It does work at least on Mac OS X 10.5.

Looks like it's still supported (http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#technotes/tn2179/_index.html).

jiminaus
May 31, 2011, 10:38 PM
Oops, sorry. I mean to write "you can also", not "you can only". One of these days, I'm going to start proof-reading my posts. Sometimes I re-read a post of mine and I'm left asking myself "Is English really my first language?!" :o

adcx64
Jun 1, 2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the help! I got it up and running! THANKS!!:D

firewood
Jun 1, 2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks!

I was about to hand code an About... panel in Objective C (similar to how I did my iPad popover for About/Info), but the stuff in this thread will make it tons easier.