Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatorbob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Wow, that's a great deal. Looks like a nice rugged case. For $34.99, will pick one up.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
looks like and intersting alternative to the otter and gum drop and the Seidio.
Certainly cheaper....How in the hell is Amazon able to do that???
I might get one and just return my Otter.

Its a good option for those so concerend with the speaker area not completely secured etc.

I am worried it might drive me a little nuts having to unseal all those ports all the time, speaker especially.

The onboard screen protector also bothers me a little also as one never knows what the quality is going to be and you know there will be no glare protection.

My biggest gripe about the gumdrop is the onboard screen protector which one must use.

I look forward to seeing some pictures and perhaps shown how its installed as well.

But for 35 bucks on Amazon, what the hell right?

Last edited:

BlindMellon

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2011
Its a good option for those so concerend with the speaker area not completely secured etc.
Just curious what you mean by "speaker area....secured" and why someone would want their speaker area "secured" in the fiest place...

jamesp57

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011
Heading down to the local Best Buy to pick one up this afternoon.

I didn't want to wait for one to be shipped.

jamesp57

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2011
Well, did you get it? if so, how do you like it?

Got it, taking it back tomorrow.

The case is designed very well and has great protection for the iPad. All the ports are covered and sealed nicely

For someone using the ipad in extreme conditions, dust, water spray, possible drop it's a good case.

I didn't like the built-in screen protector or the added bulk of the case.

Staying with my current case.

Db9938

macrumors member
May 17, 2011

The case is designed very well and has great protection for the iPad. All the ports are covered and sealed nicely

For someone using the ipad in extreme conditions, dust, water spray, possible drop it's a good case.

If I may ask, what is your current case?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008

You should have read reviews about the Survivor for the iPhone 4. I wasn't a fan of the built-in screen protector either.. I bet it's exactly the same in the iPad 2 version.

I hope I get mine soon to check that out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.