PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldn't I buy a Magic Mouse?

Tydog07
May 31, 2011, 03:39 PM
I read that the battery life can be mediocre and the responsiveness can be lacking sometimes, but isn't the design and multi-touch gestures worth it? If you were to buy another type of mouse, what would outdo the Magic Mouse? Does anything else have multi-touch?

davidwarren
May 31, 2011, 03:40 PM
I would get the trackpad.

Repo
May 31, 2011, 03:40 PM
The Magic Mouse is nice if you don't mind the ergonomics. I'd go with a Magic Trackpad though.

Surely
May 31, 2011, 03:41 PM
To go against the grain, I've had the Magic Mouse for over a year and love it. I bought the Magic Trackpad around the time it came out, and didn't like it so I returned it. I much prefer the mouse.

BTW, if you get one or the other, be sure to install BetterTouchTool so that you can add more gestures/functionality.

fkhan3
May 31, 2011, 03:51 PM
Another vote for the Trackpad. I used Magic Mouse and got sick of it jumping all over the place. Then I bought the Trackpad and I love it. Wouldnt use anything else.

Surely
May 31, 2011, 03:53 PM
Another vote for the Trackpad. I used Magic Mouse and got sick of it jumping all over the place. Then I bought the Trackpad and I love it. Wouldnt use anything else.

Jumping all over the place? That's strange, maybe yours was defective?

And to touch on the battery issue: I'm a heavy MM user, and I've changed the batteries maybe twice or three times in the 12-18 months that I've been using it.

stridemat
May 31, 2011, 03:55 PM

And to touch on the battery issue: I'm a heavy MM user, and I've changed the batteries maybe twice or three times in the 12-18 months that I've been using it.

I did have battery problems before the most recent firmware was released. Something to do with the the mouse not going to sleep. Used to last a week or two at a time, but thats sorted now.

John T
May 31, 2011, 06:14 PM

No, not defective. Most likely dust or a hair on the lens.

Kimbie
Jun 1, 2011, 04:55 AM
I use a MM and its not bad, I use MagicPrefs for extra functionality

Kimbie

Ice-Cube
Jun 1, 2011, 05:27 AM
Its has no scroll wheel and it just feels like the trackpad which the laptop already has. It's not comfortable for long hours of usage.

maflynn
Jun 1, 2011, 06:03 AM
I like my Magic Mouse. Its as responsive as I need it and to be honest I think the battery life is fine.

glen e
Jun 1, 2011, 06:44 AM
Used both and much prefer my logitech....

macjube
Jun 1, 2011, 07:17 AM
I've found that I prefer my MacBook's trackpad for working in iPhoto and Aperture, and that I feel much more comfortable with my iMac's Magic Mouse for Illustrator and InDesign. So I bought a Magic Mouse for the MacBook and a Magic Trackpad for the iMac, and now I'm really happy -- I can work the same way whether at home or on the road.

The Magic Mouse gives me 3-4 months of use on ordinary alkaline batteries and (like any optical mouse) becomes erratic when dust or cat fur builds up on the sensor. A quick puff into the sensor, and it operates properly again. On rare occurrences (maybe once a month), the mouse gets a funny feel to it when the computer comes out of sleep mode, and this is easily resolved by turning the mouse off and back on. It's by far the best mouse I've ever used.

skiltrip
Jun 1, 2011, 07:23 AM
The MM is ok if you want a mouse that makes your hand scream in agony everytime you've used I for more than 3.5 minutes.

I'm not a fan, at all. It's awkward at best. Magic Trackpad rules though.

For mice I use Logitech stuff. They build mice that fit the hand properly.

iggypod
Jun 1, 2011, 08:25 AM
It all is a matter of preference. After having each, I personally prefer the trackpad hands down, I like the gestures.

kalsta
Jun 1, 2011, 08:34 AM

I'm with you there brother. Jony Ive obviously has a thing for 'cutting edge' design, but when it's something that has to sit in your hand for hours every day, what on earth is wrong with rounded edges?!

Surely
Jun 1, 2011, 08:36 AM
Its has no scroll wheel and it just feels like the trackpad which the laptop already has. It's not comfortable for long hours of usage.

Scroll wheel? Why would you need a scroll wheel when you can just swipe your finger up and down and it does the same thing?:confused:

The MM is ok if you want a mouse that makes your hand scream in agony everytime you've used I for more than 3.5 minutes.

I'm not a fan, at all. It's awkward at best. Magic Trackpad rules though.

But see, I found that the Magic Trackpad made my hand scream in agony every time I used it for more than 3.5 minutes.

I'm not a fan, at all. It's awkward at best. Magic Mouse rules though.

The MM fits my hand properly (I have normal hands ;)).

However, I will veer from your post and say that it is personal preference. Obviously some people like the MM, some like the MT, and some like both.

It all is a matter of preference. After having each, I personally prefer the trackpad hands down, I like the gestures.

I like the gestures on my MM. I installed BTT and added a bunch of them.

Big D 51
Jun 1, 2011, 08:50 AM
Magic mouse is too flat and batteries die out too fast...I've used both and prefer my logitech.

Surely
Jun 1, 2011, 09:02 AM
Magic mouse is too flat and batteries die out too fast...I've used both and prefer my logitech.

Changing batteries two, maybe three, times a year isn't "too fast", is it?:confused:

Tydog07
Jun 1, 2011, 07:34 PM
Wow! Great replies! I was careless and forgot to mention that I won't ever need a trackpad because I'll be getting a 15 MBP. I just wanted to see if the MM was popular or not, even though it is an apple product. I'll give it a try!

karohan
Jun 1, 2011, 09:21 PM
Wow! Great replies! I was careless and forgot to mention that I won't ever need a trackpad because I'll be getting a 15 MBP. I just wanted to see if the MM was popular or not, even though it is an apple product. I'll give it a try!

The reason I use a Magic Mouse is because after getting used to the trackpad of a MBP, I had several gestures and shortcuts via BetterTouchTool. There were times, however, that I needed a mouse versus a touchpad, and having those gestures would've been extremely useful. So I went with the Magic Mouse, and there is an initial adjustment period with the ergonomics, but it works great. I have 25 gestures, and even though an MX Revolution may have been a little more comfortable, the multi-touch was worth it.

bungiefan89
Jun 1, 2011, 11:27 PM
The ONLY multi-touch gesturing the magic mouse comes with is tracing one finger around the surface to scroll. Outside of that, it is completely unremarkable outside of the bluetooth connectivity.

If you want multi-touch gesturing, get a magic trackpad.

Michael383
Jun 2, 2011, 12:41 AM
I own two Magic Mice and haven't had problems with battery life or responsiveness. I would recommend a Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX as well.

Surely
Jun 2, 2011, 01:32 AM
The ONLY multi-touch gesturing the magic mouse comes with is tracing one finger around the surface to scroll. Outside of that, it is completely unremarkable outside of the bluetooth connectivity.

If you want multi-touch gesturing, get a magic trackpad.

Or you install BetterTouchTool. Did you even bother to read the other posts above?:confused:

eljanitor
Jun 2, 2011, 01:52 AM
I really liked then until a few days ago. About two hours after using one for a few hours my hand was in pain off and on. I was thinking whats this? So I said something about it aloud and someone else asked if I was using someones computer that had a magic mouse that day because they said it hurts their hand too, but not when they use a regular shaped mouse. Yes they also eat batteries like crazy.

jbyun04
Jun 2, 2011, 02:16 AM
There's no reason for you not to.
It's easily the best portable mouse I've ever used.. the ergonomics are great but if you have bigger hands you might have problems.

Swiping and sliding to navigate and scroll are super comfortable. Either install BetterTouchTools or MagicPrefs to maximize the use. Personally, I think the fact that I can do a three finger tap to pull up the Spaces overview is...dare I say... Magical..?

For wired, Razer Deathadder is my choice. Unbeatable in tracking, ergonomics and click response. Comes with a glowing logo and sexy matte black finish to boot. :D

swiftflo
Jun 2, 2011, 05:56 AM
Much prefer the MM - hate the trackpad. Only bought the trackpad to get ready for Lion.
I find the trackpad the most frustrating gadget ever. Some times when tapping it nothing happens, sometimes when scrolling lines are highlighted blue & sometimes when a "stray" finger touches the pad it opens a web page I do not want.I do have Better touch tool.

Tydog07
Jun 2, 2011, 07:20 AM
There's no reason for you not to.
It's easily the best portable mouse I've ever used.. the ergonomics are great but if you have bigger hands you might have problems.

Swiping and sliding to navigate and scroll are super comfortable. Either install BetterTouchTools or MagicPrefs to maximize the use. Personally, I think the fact that I can do a three finger tap to pull up the Spaces overview is...dare I say... Magical..?

For wired, Razer Deathadder is my choice. Unbeatable in tracking, ergonomics and click response. Comes with a glowing logo and sexy matte black finish to boot. :D

Well I will give it a try, I'll buy one used, so that if I don't like it, I'll have small losses. It definitely wasn't about choosing a trackpad vs. mm because my laptop will already have the trackpad. Although I did note that the people who have tried a Logitech vs. MM did eventually choose the Logitech.

Booch21
Jun 2, 2011, 08:18 AM
I've had my iMac since September. I have never been a fan of track pads on laptops, but I do a great deal of audio and video editing. I was impressed with the magic mouse and really like how it works. Some programs that I use, my hand makes scrolling and resizing happen when I don't want it to. My hand on the mouse does that, no fault of the mouse.

I wanted to try something more refined than the mouse and got a pen tablet. I've found that that suits my needs well, but it took some getting getting used to. So in certain programs I use only the magic mouse, others I use the pen tablet/keyboard/mouse combo. Just another opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely
Jun 2, 2011, 08:35 AM
Although I did note that the people who have tried a Logitech vs. MM did eventually choose the Logitech.

Not me.:)

Tydog07
Jun 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
Well I received my Magic Mouse in the mail two days ago and my bluetooth dongle yesterday and eventually finding some hacked drivers for my windows xp computer took a while but so far I'm really liking it! I can completely understand the who ergonomics point of view, it sucks, but as long as you don't have a death grip on it, you're fine! It's so interesting how I can scroll without the buttons/wheel!

ThaDoggg
Jun 10, 2011, 09:52 AM
Personally what I hate on the magic mouse is that it does not track as well as some other mice. I think this is due to the long feet that it uses.

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
Well I received my Magic Mouse in the mail two days ago and my bluetooth dongle yesterday and eventually finding some hacked drivers for my windows xp computer took a while but so far I'm really liking it! I can completely understand the who ergonomics point of view, it sucks, but as long as you don't have a death grip on it, you're fine! It's so interesting how I can scroll without the buttons/wheel!

I grip it with my thumb and ring finger......I find that the most comfortable way of using it.

Personally what I hate on the magic mouse is that it does not track as well as some other mice. I think this is due to the long feet that it uses.

Strange- I don't notice a difference in tracking between this mouse and any other mouse I've used.

blueroom
Jun 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
I've use a Magic Mouse everyday (I really hate mouse dongles). I can't say I love it though. It's a good mouse and the gestures are cool but I still prefer a button mouse like the Logitech MX. I would really like a Darkfield mouse with Bluetooth.

CrzySausageBaby
Jun 10, 2011, 10:08 AM
I love my Magic Mouse....the multi-touch gestures are awesome and every time I go back to a PC at school, I end up missing my touch-surface mouse!

Tydog07
Jun 10, 2011, 10:40 AM

Interesting, I haven't noticed a difference either.

I grip it with my thumb and ring finger......I find that the most comfortable way of using it.

I agree, with my index finger resting above left click and my middle finger resting above right click.

Strange- I don't notice a difference in tracking between this mouse and any other mouse I've used.

jrasero23
Jun 10, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yes the battery is so so and the responsiveness for multi gestures could be tightened but it's still a great mouse. If you have hand issues the Apple design will not be good because you have to physically move the mouse more compared to the magic pad. I traded the MM for the MP and I have found the MP to be more responsive for multi gestures but I get annoyed that I can't tap the surface like a track pad on a Macbook instead you must click.

Overall some people like my father just like the feel of a regular mouse.

I like the magic pad because I use my iMac more as a HTPC

ratzzo
Jun 10, 2011, 11:04 AM
To say I've never owned a trackpad.. but the idea of resting my hand on the trackpad, with gestures enabled and it going wild might be off-putting. Can you rest your hand on the pad?

And to those talking about gestures, remember with BetterTouchTool you can also program gestures on the surface of the Magic Mouse. Though obviously, not as comfortable as on a device configured for its use (the TrackPad).

I think the MM is a good mouse, though a bit expensive for its real use.

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
To say I've never owned a trackpad.. but the idea of resting my hand on the trackpad, with gestures enabled and it going wild might be off-putting. Can you rest your hand on the pad?

And to those talking about gestures, remember with BetterTouchTool you can also program gestures on the surface of the Magic Mouse. Though obviously, not as comfortable as on a device configured for its use (the TrackPad).

I think the MM is a good mouse, though a bit expensive for its real use.

When I had the trackpad, I found it annoying that I had to keep my hand hovering over it. It actually caused wrist pain for me. You can't rest your hand on the trackpad because it would either interfere with when you try to use it (it would think you were attempting a multitouch function) or it would cause unwanted input.

ratzzo
Jun 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
When I had the trackpad, I found it annoying that I had to keep my hand hovering over it. It actually caused wrist pain for me. You can't rest your hand on the trackpad because it would either interfere with when you try to use it (it would think you were attempting a multitouch function) or it would cause unwanted input.

Well, to me the whole point of having an input device (namely TrackPad or mouse) is so that I can input commands into the computer continuously, not to grab it and lift my hand constantly, painful! That's precisely the only and unique downside of the TPad I think:(

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately im very upset! Yet again! I got the track pad in hopes for pushing forward and making a faster work flow with all the gestures. This would be nice IF IT EFFIN WORKED!

Yet again Apple doesn't tell you that their new devices wont work with PC Macs, only NEW INTELS!

Thanks again for letting me down Apple! I have a Power PC G5. Last of it's breed before they went Intel. I cant use new Adobe products (CS5), I cant update software to Snow leopard. I cant even use the new Microsoft Office for Mac!

Buy a new Mac they say! Ya, try telling your company to drop another 4k into the graphics department. Dag gone it!

:mad::mad:WARNING! If you want a track pad be sure you have MacOS 10.6.5 or greater! :mad::mad:

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 12:29 PM
^^^Actually, it works with 10.6.4 or greater.

http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

Sodner
Jun 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
Lion = Magic Trackpad

Enough said.

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 12:40 PM
^^^Actually, it works with 10.6.4 or greater.

http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

Your Right! If only I can get SNOW LEOPARD on my Power PC!

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 01:27 PM
:mad::mad: WARNING :mad::mad:

If running a Power PC G5, even with the latest update to 10.5.8, you will NOT be able to use the track pads full functions other than it having normal mouse controls. Scroll, Click and Drag.

I know this because I have a Power PC G5 and also a newly purchased Track Pad that is of no use to me now! Very bummed because I really could've used it. Guess I gotta wait for Lion to come out so I can get a new Intel Mac machine.

To further prove it wont work, http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MC380LL/A?mco=MjIxNjEyMzA&pqid=QDAFYY7CCUJ799DADFYD4DP9KHXH7UFDC

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 01:30 PM
Well, 10.5.8 is < 10.6.4, isn't it?:confused:

I don't see why a :mad::mad:WARNING:mad::mad: is needed.:confused:

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 04:28 PM
Well, 10.5.8 is < 10.6.4, isn't it?:confused:

I don't see why a :mad::mad:WARNING:mad::mad: is needed.:confused:

Surely, if your such a MAC wiz and try to help those in need than you can figure that out. Seeing that your not and like to feel like your above the norm I will try to dumb down my post for you to explain what some people will need to know if they choose to purchase a TrackPad.

I say WARNING for those who use any OS up to LEOPARD that the TrackPad (full functionality) will NOT work unless you upgrade to SNOW LEOPARD, which starts at OSX 10.6.0. Now, in order to install SNOW LEOPARD you must be running an Intel based machine. As I have stated, if you have a Power PC unit, the Magic TrackPad will not work. However, if you have LEOPARD (not snow leopard) and it is updated to 10.5.8 you can use the TrackPad but only minimal functions.

You saying 10.5.8 is < 10.6.4 made no point to my WARNING (that I was letting those running leopard know that the trackpad wont work for them) other than you figuring out that 10.6.4 is a greater number than 10.5.8

Most people like I, assume that the next latest greatest gadget will work with their system. Apple neglects letting you know ahead of time (besides hush disclaimers) that what your about to purchase wont work on recent machines sold. Had I known or was told by Mac helpers in the mall that the TrackPad wont work on my POWER PC G5, I wouldn't have purchased it. Instead, I would have sulked around till I was able to get an Intel based machine to run your 10.6.4 or "<" software. Now, surely you may say "Well you should have looked at the box before you bought it". I'm sorry, but did you ask what type of gas to put in your car when you first bought it? My guess is NO. You bought it and without asking if it ran on diesel you assumed gas and filled her up. As I had hoped my TrackPad to work on my Nifty Kick Butt G5 I was reminded that it was no longer a Nifty Kick Butt G5, poor me, once again.

So again, this :mad::mad: WARNING :mad::mad: goes out to those who can only run up to OS 10.5.8 LEOPARD (not snow leopard) on a Power PC unit that the Magic TrackPad is not for you. Save your troubles and wait for your next Intel Mac machine.

Note: If I would have read up on any post on MacRumors before I bought my TrackPad I still would have not known that I couldn't use it on my Mac. Nobody has posted this problem till I did. My warning obviously doesn't pertain to -Surely- who had to chime in and make his point after the fact that I had put up a warning. :)

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
Could you dumb it down a little more? I'm confused. And can you use more bold and red? Maybe throw in a few asterisks for good measure.

Most people like I, assume that the next latest greatest gadget will work with their system.

Sorry, but that's a pretty dumb thing to assume. Why would/should "the next latest greatest gadget" work with an old system?:confused:

Apple puts system requirements on the box. You need to learn to read before you buy.

I'm sorry, but did you ask what type of gas to put in your car when you first bought it? My guess is NO. You bought it and without asking if it ran on diesel you assumed gas and filled her up.

Actually, I did ask what type of gas to put in each of my cars when I bought them. So wrong again.

DeaconGraves
Jun 10, 2011, 04:37 PM
Most people like I, assume that the next latest greatest gadget will work with their system.

No. Most people, especially when it comes to tech, check the minimum system requirements. Which are clearly listed on the Apple Store page.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC380?mco=MTg4NDU4ODI

I'm sorry, but did you ask what type of gas to put in your car when you first bought it? My guess is NO. You bought it and without asking if it ran on diesel you assumed gas and filled her up.

Seeing as how putting the wrong type of gas in my car would seriously mess things up, yes, I did ask what type of gas it ran on.

Note: If I would have read up on any post on MacRumors before I bought my TrackPad I still would have not known that I couldn't use it on my Mac. Nobody has posted this problem till I did.

Some items don't necessarily have threads. Like when Apple clearly posts the minimum system requirements on their store page.

By the way, can you post your warning one more time? I didn't get the picture the first 4 times you put it on this thread.

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 04:45 PM
Not a problem,

:mad::mad: WARNING :mad::mad: goes out to those who can only run up to OS 10.5.8 LEOPARD (not snow leopard) on a Power PC unit that the Magic TrackPad is not for you.

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 04:47 PM
DeaconGraves, does that make it clear for you? I'm still not sure.:confused:

LibertySand, maybe you should use [size="10"] tags?

And what does this have to do with the Magic Mouse anyway?

DeaconGraves
Jun 10, 2011, 04:52 PM
DeaconGraves, does that make it clear for you? I'm still not sure.:confused:

Nope. Headed to the store right now. Going to buy one for my Apple IIgs.

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 04:55 PM
Nope. Headed to the store right now. Going to buy one for my Apple IIgs.

Oh, good idea. I'm trying to use it with my iPad 2, but it won't connect?:confused:

I can't figure out why.....it doesn't specifically say "not for use with iPad" on the box, so that should mean it should work, doesn't it?

I'm going to try using it to drive my car next.

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 05:02 PM
Now, surely you may say "Well you should have looked at the box before you bought it".

I wished I did. Damn my impulse for buying.

Surely
Jun 10, 2011, 05:14 PM
I'm going to try using it to drive my car next.

Yes, that's a good idea. Let us know how it turns out.

Anonymous Freak
Jun 10, 2011, 05:36 PM
WARNING: IF YOU TRY TO USE *PRODUCT* ON *SYSTEM THAT IS BELOW STATED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR PRODUCT* IT WON'T WORK!

See, nice and generic. Works for anything.

LibertySand
Jun 10, 2011, 06:15 PM
Genius!

Tydog07
Jun 11, 2011, 06:58 AM
moderator, please close this thread, I've gotten info from it but now it's just being hijacked.

redsteven
Jun 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
AWESOME mouse. And 2 double-A batteries have lasted me 5 weeks of very frequent use already (though they're getting low).

With Apple's software, the mouse is fairly limited. With software like BetterTouchTool <http://blog.boastr.net/>, it easily becomes the best peripheral I've ever owned.

for games (which i haven't had time to play lately) I'll probably use my old 5-button Kensington mouse (Magic Mouse, just like the old Mighty Mouse, can't perform different clicks at the same time), but for everything else, it's great.

dagamer34
Jun 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
I used a Magic Mouse for a year and can't see anyone seriously using that mouse for hours on end unless they really hate their hand. The ergonomics of that thing make it extremely uncomfortable, especially if you want to use the multi-touch gestures. Especially when you have a mouse like the Logitech Performance MX (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Performance-Mouse-Mac/dp/B002HWRJBM) which is sculpted to the natural resting position of your hand, I think you do yourself a disservice using a Magic Mouse.

If you really want gestures, get a normal mouse and a trackpad. Use a normal mouse with your right hand and the trackpad in the right with a keyboard in the middle. Pricey for sure, but it's better than the pain caused from bad ergonomics.

Surely
Jun 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
I used a Magic Mouse for a year and can't see anyone seriously using that mouse for hours on end unless they really hate their hand. The ergonomics of that thing make it extremely uncomfortable, especially if you want to use the multi-touch gestures. Especially when you have a mouse like the Logitech Performance MX (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Performance-Mouse-Mac/dp/B002HWRJBM) which is sculpted to the natural resting position of your hand, I think you do yourself a disservice using a Magic Mouse.

If you really want gestures, get a normal mouse and a trackpad. Use a normal mouse with your right hand and the trackpad in the right with a keyboard in the middle. Pricey for sure, but it's better than the pain caused from bad ergonomics.

Read the rest of the thread to find out that not everyone is like you.

dagamer34
Jun 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
Read the rest of the thread to find out that not everyone is like you.

Sure, not everyone is like me, but hopefully people will be weary before thinking it's the next big thing. It definitely has it's drawbacks, and I personally had to call it quits. Others may enjoy it though and that's fine with them.

Would I recommend it to someone who uses photoshop day in and day out? No. But the casual Mac user? Why not?

Surely
Jun 11, 2011, 01:39 PM
Sure, not everyone is like me, but hopefully people will be weary before thinking it's the next big thing. It definitely has it's drawbacks, and I personally had to call it quits. Others may enjoy it though and that's fine with them.

Would I recommend it to someone who uses photoshop day in and day out? No. But the casual Mac user? Why not?

I don't think you can call a product that's been out since October 2009 "the next big thing".

dagamer34
Jun 11, 2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think you can call a product that's been out since October 2009 "the next big thing".

Not the product, the concept of multi-touch on a desktop in general. At the very least, the implementation of it on the Magic Mouse isn't quite so great.

Surely
Jun 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
Not the product, the concept of multi-touch on a desktop in general. At the very least, the implementation of it on the Magic Mouse isn't quite so great.

I like it.

Tydog07
Jun 11, 2011, 06:04 PM
AWESOME mouse. And 2 double-A batteries have lasted me 5 weeks of very frequent use already (though they're getting low).

With Apple's software, the mouse is fairly limited. With software like BetterTouchTool <http://blog.boastr.net/>, it easily becomes the best peripheral I've ever owned.

for games (which i haven't had time to play lately) I'll probably use my old 5-button Kensington mouse (Magic Mouse, just like the old Mighty Mouse, can't perform different clicks at the same time), but for everything else, it's great.

I plan to use software with it when I get my MBP in a few weeks. With Lion having so many multi-touch gestures, I didn't only want to use a trackpad!