Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexmead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Hi there,

I've been trying all day to find a way of outputting 5.1 from Logic Pro 9.

I don't have an interface with loads of outputs, just one with standard stereo outputs.

After plugging in to my surround decoder via the two stereo outputs and trying to use the 'Surround Panner', I only get stereo, and cannot pinpoint the individual speakers.

Obviously when I go into the surround settings where you can map the channels to the outputs - I only have channels 1 and 2 to work with (my L/R outputs from my interface.

Normally I would be able to play a regular surround-test audio CD from any old CD player with stereo outputs, and hear the surround perfectly. So why not from Logic?

Its like I need a software to emulate 6 output channels on my machine, and then take those emulated channels and decode them into the 2 stereo channels.

Hope you can help, getting desperate.

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Hi there,

I've been trying all day to find a way of outputting 5.1 from Logic Pro 9.

I don't have an interface with loads of outputs, just one with standard stereo outputs.

After plugging in to my surround decoder via the two stereo outputs and trying to use the 'Surround Panner', I only get stereo, and cannot pinpoint the individual speakers.

Obviously when I go into the surround settings where you can map the channels to the outputs - I only have channels 1 and 2 to work with (my L/R outputs from my interface.

Normally I would be able to play a regular surround-test audio CD from any old CD player with stereo outputs, and hear the surround perfectly. So why not from Logic?

Its like I need a software to emulate 6 output channels on my machine, and then take those emulated channels and decode them into the 2 stereo channels.

Hope you can help, getting desperate.

You need a surround sound capable interface. Then you'll be able to set the output of the tracks in Logic to the surround channels you want them on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.