Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ipad_imovie-500x219.jpg

In addition to today's update to GarageBand for iPad, Apple has also pushed out an update to iMovie for iOS devices [App Store], bringing several improvements and enhancements.
What's New in Version 1.2.1

- Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
- Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
- Fixes an issue where a project's background music would not fade in or out.
- Additional performance and reliability improvements.
iMovie for iOS debuted nearly a year ago for the iPhone 4, with support for the fourth-generation iPod touch being added last September at that device's launch. The app's compatibility was expanded yet again in March of this year when the iPad was added.

Article Link: iMovie for iOS Gains Audio and Video Output Improvements and Other Enhancements

caspersoong

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2011
The iPod touch and iPhone version still feels very scant and undeserving of the price tag. Apple should realize this.

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
The iPod touch and iPhone version still feels very scant and undeserving of the price tag. Apple should realize this.

Did you get the last update then? It was a MUCH needed improvement compared to the very first iMovie release. However, the very first release was pretty slick. The second update added much more to it. I owned iMovie for my iPhone 4 since it was first released.

caspersoong

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2011
Did you get the last update then? It was a MUCH needed improvement compared to the very first iMovie release. However, the very first release was pretty slick. The second update added much more to it. I owned iMovie for my iPhone 4 since it was first released.

Yes I did. But I still feel it is too stripped down. And it is close to impossible to put more than a few pictures without getting irritated. I think they should let users put pictures in faster instead of having to wait to load the picture library every time for every single picture. That's the biggest issue for me.

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
I didn't get any update from Apple here in Austrian App Store. Neither for Garage Band, nor for iMovie. Neither on Mac/iTunes, nor on iDevices. It's the first time afair that MR announces something and the updates aren't out here.

Edit: There was some hick-up in the update function obviously. When I closed the App Store app (iPad 2) and opened again: Voilà, here are the updates! (Edit #2: They vanished again, will show up when I search for the App => button "Update".) In Mac/iTunes the updates still not show up. Never mind… I am sure I'll get them sooner or later…

Last edited:

blueridge

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Western NC
i wonder if they fixed the ability to use garageband audio in imovie w/o having to do the work around.. should be there by default.. im downloading the update now will try it later today..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.