PDA

View Full Version : ZaggMate for iPad 2... You Using It?

dadoftwogirls
Jun 1, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thoughts, impressions, Pros, Cons, other? I'd like to hear your impressions.

Thanks!

TC25
Jun 1, 2011, 06:18 PM
All you have to do is read the many threads about the ZAGGMate for the iPad1. It has not changed.

laurenr
Jun 1, 2011, 07:58 PM

Thanks!

I am typing on the Zaggmate/Logitech keyboard right now, find it far more efficent for extdended typing than the on-screen keyboard; I was sick of all the typo's like hitting the 'n' key instead of the space bar. The iPad specific keys are incredibly useful.

However, for daily, casual use, I sill protect/carry around my iPad in a slim-form folio leather case. For this reason I am sorry I never waited, because they have released a fabulous new case, that looks similar to the Apple wireless keyboard, but it may be a tad smaller:
http://www.logitech.com/assets/36834/6/logitech-tablet-keyboard-for-ipad.png

The keyboard's case doubles as a stand for the iPad. You will find it here:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/tablet-accessories/for-ipad/devices/tablet-keyboard-ipad?WT.ac=ps%7C8275

jdminpdx
Jun 2, 2011, 08:18 PM
I have it and don't like it. I'm probably going to take it back to the store.

taskmanager
Jun 2, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have it. Got it used on ksl (utah equivalent to craigslist)for $40. It's good too absorb impact and makes for a decent stand. I dunno if I would pay $100 for it though. However, I still use my xoskins ipad 2 screen protector (http://xoskins.com/laptops-tablet-reader-protectors/apple-skin-protectors/apple-ipad-2nd-gen-screen-protector) to protect the glass and keep the smudges down.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Jun 3, 2011, 05:05 PM
I have it and don't like it. I'm probably going to take it back to the store.

What dont you like about it? I thought about getting one of these just to try out a keyboard/case combo.

Can anyone recommend a better keyboard or combo than this one for the ipad 2? Thanks.

laurenr
Jun 3, 2011, 05:28 PM
What dont you like about it? I thought about getting one of these just to try out a keyboard/case combo.

Can anyone recommend a better keyboard or combo than this one for the ipad 2? Thanks.

I have seen people complain that the keyboard itself is recessed in a kind of tray, which can make for awkward typing with large hands. However, the newer one I posted about (see above)is like a regular compact keyboard. Logitech makes both the original and this updated version. What's great are the ipad specific keys, like a dedicated "home" button that triggers the same function as pressing it on the iPad itself. Then there are the arrow keys, great for moving the cursor to the exact desired position; cut, copy/paste keys, Volume, Search, Lock, FF, Rewind, play, pause keys for music, movies, etc.

I just find it so much easier for extended typing rather than the on-screen keypad.:)

TC25
Jun 3, 2011, 05:39 PM

As I've already posted, there are lots of threads on MR about keyboards and they all still apply to the iPad2.

gigemzach
Jun 3, 2011, 06:28 PM
As I've already posted, there are lots of threads on MR about keyboards and they all still apply to the iPad2.

He just asked a simple question. The Zaggmate 2 hasn't been discussed too much.

TC25
Jun 3, 2011, 06:33 PM
He just asked a simple question. The Zaggmate 2 hasn't been discussed too much.

The simple answer is there's no difference between the ZAGGmate for the iPad1 keyboard and the ZAGGMate for the iPad2 keyboard.

TOYSTRY
Jun 20, 2011, 08:07 PM

Thanks!

Thoughts/Impressions: I like it but it's not ideal. The fact that they aren't one unit is a PITA at times and a blessing at times. The plastic tab that pops out to angle it will eventually break since it's a bending hinge plastic. I wouldn't purchase again but instead would look into the adonit one already mentioned in this thread and currently mentioned in a different thread.
Pros: Has a functional keyboard
Cons: Its a PITA to get in/out (huge pain)

Wait for the Adonit Writer.

h00ligan
Jun 21, 2011, 01:34 AM
Returned it. Too expensive for what it is. Too scratchable. So so keyboard. Top-heavy with iPad. Too difficult to remove iPad. Doesn't work with most skins. Just a huge meh.

h00ligan
Jun 21, 2011, 01:35 AM
The simple answer is there's no difference between the ZAGGmate for the iPad1 keyboard and the ZAGGMate for the iPad2 keyboard.

Iirc there is a difference in the slot.