Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zelmo.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Hello,

My new MacBook Pro will not print any documents. I downloaded the Mac software for both of my printers, and it will only scan documents from one of the printers. I can't even print with a direct usb connection. It recognizes both printers, and it shows an error under status.

Please Help!

zelmo.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Printer Info.

Thanks for the quick response. I have a hp officejet 6500 E709n and a hp officejet 7310 (7300 Series). The MacBook Pro Is the 15" version.

zelmo.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
MacBook Pro 15.4 Printing Problems

Hello,

My new MacBook Pro will not print any documents. I downloaded the Mac software for both of my printers, and it will only scan documents from one of the printers. I can't even print with a direct usb connection. It recognizes both printers, and it shows an error under status. My printers are, Hp Officejet 6500 E709n and hp officejet 7310 (7300 Series).

Please Help!

Fernandes

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
Portugal
did u tried :apple: -> system preferences -> printers and fax ->and work something there? thats what i did and dont need any cds it just recognised my HP printer/scanner like that

zelmo.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
Mac Support Can't Fix My Printing Problem

They have tried to help me, but nothing works. I have deleted and reinstalled the software three times. The last time they emailed it to me to make sure I have the right software. I think I have an internal problem. Is it possible I have a lemon? I have two hp printers and both are compatible with my MacBook Pro 15.4. Please Help!

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
No help but I use different HP printers and all I have ever had to do was plug them in, I didn't even have to plug in my networked HP laser jet, my MBP just found it. I have never seen a computer work so great as Macs do with loading different printers. Hope you get this figured out.

mmduluth

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
I've never been able to get my MBP to print to my Lexmark Wifi printer. Ever. I've done just about everything and spent plenty of hours trying to get it working with nothing to show for it. If I want to print something I have to takr my computer and plug it into the printer and stand there and wait for it to print. Kinda sucks but what can you do...

zelmo.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2011
MAC Phone Support Fixed My Problem

It took approx. five phone calls in as many days, but I can print with a direct or wireless connection. They finally connected me to a technical supervisor. This guy was awesome. I believe my problem was that my system had incomplete printer software installed in it from the factory. We removed it and then installed it from scratch. It was a time consuming process, and the Mac support guy was very professional and patient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.