Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archdelux

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Tan seems to be out in pretty much every store.. is there a reason for that? Is it very popular? Or not popular at all?

Also - what's the cheapest way to get a (non-knockoff) tan leather smart cover? Any deals/coupons floating around?

thanks!

lucyna

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
You need to give a detail about what style you like, some pics for example maybe.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
I don't know why that is. Black seems to get dirty too fast, so does White. I didn't like the other colors and I didn't want to chose any bright color that stands out. I work in an office environment and Tan seemed to be one of the more professional looking choices.

That is what I ended up choosing. I do wish it was more of a darker/brownish tan. My problem is however that unlike the Black cover. I don't know what products I can use to clean Tan leather without it staining horribly!

Has anyone with the Tan cover found any leather cleaning products that will actually get minor usage out or make them less noticeable without staining the Tan color horribly?

Thank you :)

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
makes any cover look good:
kiwi.jpg

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I don't know why that is. Black seems to get dirty too fast, so does White. I didn't like the other colors and I didn't want to chose any bright color that stands out. I work in an office environment and Tan seemed to be one of the more professional looking choices.

That is what I ended up choosing. I do wish it was more of a darker/brownish tan. My problem is however that unlike the Black cover. I don't know what products I can use to clean Tan leather without it staining horribly!

Has anyone with the Tan cover found any leather cleaning products that will actually get minor usage out or make them less noticeable without staining the Tan color horribly?

Thank you :)
Check out this thread, where one of the posters used a leather treatment to darken the Tan smart cover to a kind of "antiquiey" dark brown. It really does look amazing. Look for post #39:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1115417/
There are several posts about this in the pages following regarding the best product to achieve this look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.