Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

wwdc2011_app_photos.jpg

Apple today released a new iOS app [App Store] to assist attendees at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference next week. The app provides a number of scheduling and informational items including news and photos from the conference, as well as the ability to make reservations to meet with Apple staff at various labs throughout the conference.
The WWDC 2011 app is your mobile guide to the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. Access a range of conference information on-the-go from your iPhone or iPad. You can quickly search the conference schedule, make a reservation at the User Interface, App Review, iTunes Connect, Program Support, or Developer Publications lab, view floor diagrams of Moscone West, and create a custom schedule of the sessions, labs, and events you plan on attending.
WWDC is a universal application supporting all iOS devices running iOS 4.2 or later.

wwdc2011_app_reservations.jpg

Article Link: Apple Releases WWDC App for iOS Devices

Zerafiall

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
Won't work : (

Humm... It won't work. I hit "Free" then "Install" then type in my password, hit enter, the app closes as usual, then nothing no scroll to next page and download.

Note: I am not attending the WWDC, if this is why I can't get it, that makes sence.

iPad 2 (16GB, WiFi only) - iPod Shuffle (2ed Gen, 1GB)

Zyg4

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Can't get to the App store either

Both, Canadian and American stores are acting up. Can't update apps, download, nothing, and they keep asking for password.

DrBashir

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Both, Canadian and American stores are acting up. Can't update apps, download, nothing, and they keep asking for password.

The Dutch store as well, also getting error 5002. I've seen on different forum that UK store has the same error (today, I checked).

bmburton13

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2010
OH
I wish this wasn't just for attendees, I would love to see some pictures of it while its going on.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Access is limited to WWDC attendees only via Apple ID verification.

Oh well, at least the icon is fun to look at.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
Yes, they didn't have anything like this last year,

Back in the dim and distant past, before these new-fangled connected iPhones and iPads, I used to run a website called 'expodition' that allowed you to download guides like this and use them on your iPods.

It used the iPod's 'Notes' feature and would enable you to view schedules and stuff on your iPod simply by downloading the file, connecting your iPod to your PC/Mac in disk mode, and copying it on.

WWDC was a popular one, but also other destinations and attractions, too.

Ahhhh... memories...

RTP.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Yes, they didn't have anything like this last year,

They most certainly did have this exact thing last year. The only difference, if I remember correctly, is that you had to install it in an Ad Hoc sort of manner rather than via the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.