Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
i have a Apple iBook G4/1.2 12-Inch and every time i shut it down and reboot it the date and time are changed to like 1969????!!! I have to keep changing it back to the current date and time. i know on some G4 towers there is a battery u can replace when this happens. Is the process similar on a iBook????!!!help

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
the iBooks do not have a pram battery , there is actually a small capacitor on the logicboard that holds enough charge to quickly swap the battery for a charged one , and that capacitor seems to be gone

stroked

Suspended
May 3, 2010
the iBooks do not have a pram battery , there is actually a small capacitor on the logicboard that holds enough charge to quickly swap the battery for a charged one , and that capacitor seems to be gone

Is this also true with the TiBooks?

bertomactic

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
Santa Ana
Is this also true with the TiBooks?

FYI - I reset the PRAM and all is well. I reset the clock and date and tested the ibook by rebooting it several times throughout the day and week and it appears to be working fine, cool !!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!

stroked

Suspended
May 3, 2010
FYI - I reset the and all is well. I reset the clock and date and tested the ibook by rebooting it several times throughout the day and week and it appears to be working fine, cool !!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!

Thanks, I will reset the PRAM on my TiBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.