PDA

View Full Version : Just got an iPad 2 and it has 2 dents?

ronaldcastillo
Jun 3, 2011, 04:27 PM
I just bought an iPad 2 from Apple Store, and it seems like it has 2 dents on the top right side between the display and back casing.

poloponies
Jun 3, 2011, 04:33 PM
I just bought an iPad 2 from Apple Store, and it seems like it has 2 dents on the top right side between the display and back casing.

If they're noticeable and bother you then take it back.

UngratefulNinja
Jun 3, 2011, 04:33 PM
Take it back?

SPEEDwithJJ
Jun 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah, just take it back for an exchange or swap.

Good luck. :)

sjinsjca
Jun 3, 2011, 04:40 PM

Unusual. It will be presumed that the dents are your doing. Best to check your purchase out before leaving the store.

Good luck.

Built
Jun 3, 2011, 06:22 PM
Unusual. It will be presumed that the dents are your doing. Best to check your purchase out before leaving the store.

Good luck.

Not unusual at all. There are many reports on this forum of dings, scratches and dents on brand new out-of-the-box iPad 2s.

vincenz
Jun 3, 2011, 06:30 PM
I hope you've taken it back already.

genexrocket
Jun 3, 2011, 06:38 PM
My iPad 1 had a small chip in the casing, but I ignored it, sold it a year later for $400 and got a new iPad 2 with no chips or dents! haha

bowlerman625
Jun 3, 2011, 06:45 PM
Return

AppleGoddess
Jun 3, 2011, 08:04 PM
If it bugs you get a new one however you might end up on worse.

AbyssImpact
Jun 3, 2011, 08:18 PM
Just keep it. If you risk a return and exchange, you might end up with a new iPad with 3 dents.

bufffilm
Jun 3, 2011, 08:51 PM
If it bugs you get a new one however you might end up on worse.

Just keep it. If you risk a return and exchange, you might end up with a new iPad with 3 dents.

thinking defensively & negatively...not a good way to live your life.

have you guys considered that he might actually get a problem-free replacement? what a mind-blowing concept!
if it were me, i'd return it for a replacement.