Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I just bought an iPad 2 from Apple Store, and it seems like it has 2 dents on the top right side between the display and back casing.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
I just bought an iPad 2 from Apple Store, and it seems like it has 2 dents on the top right side between the display and back casing.

Unusual. It will be presumed that the dents are your doing. Best to check your purchase out before leaving the store.

Good luck.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Unusual. It will be presumed that the dents are your doing. Best to check your purchase out before leaving the store.

Good luck.

Not unusual at all. There are many reports on this forum of dings, scratches and dents on brand new out-of-the-box iPad 2s.

genexrocket

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2008
My iPad 1 had a small chip in the casing, but I ignored it, sold it a year later for $400 and got a new iPad 2 with no chips or dents! haha

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2010
Just keep it. If you risk a return and exchange, you might end up with a new iPad with 3 dents.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
If it bugs you get a new one however you might end up on worse.

Just keep it. If you risk a return and exchange, you might end up with a new iPad with 3 dents.

thinking defensively & negatively...not a good way to live your life.

have you guys considered that he might actually get a problem-free replacement? what a mind-blowing concept!
if it were me, i'd return it for a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.