PDA

View Full Version : Wireless mirroring for iPad or iPad 2?

rmul86
Jun 3, 2011, 08:39 PM
Is there a way to display the exact contents on your iPad on your tv wirelessly. Huuuuge oversight by apple if you are not able to accomplish this with apple tv. They wouldn't be that dumb would they? I would have zero reason to purchase an apple tv if this is the case. They would be losing out on many customers including myself.

Mr.C
Jun 4, 2011, 11:52 AM
Is there a way to display the exact contents on your iPad on your tv wirelessly. Huuuuge oversight by apple if you are not able to accomplish this with apple tv. They wouldn't be that dumb would they? I would have zero reason to purchase an apple tv if this is the case. They would be losing out on many customers including myself.

The original iPad does not support mirroring. To my knowledge neither model supports wireless display capabilities.

doubledown7d
Jun 7, 2011, 12:20 PM
If not mistaken, looks like this is coming in iOS5 with iP2 and AppleTV. Looking forward to it.

kamalds
Jun 7, 2011, 04:19 PM
The original iPad does not support mirroring. To my knowledge neither model supports wireless display capabilities.

iPad 1 does supports mirroring but only via a Cydia app for which you will need to jailbreak it. Wireless Mirroring is coming to iPad 2 via iOS 5 update.

glen e
Jun 7, 2011, 04:31 PM
what on the TV is going to receive it? - I have a new LG 42" and it does have HDMI inputs - I assume you would have to find a bluetooth TV...or I guess USB? It does have that....

doubledown7d
Jun 8, 2011, 08:33 AM
what on the TV is going to receive it? - I have a new LG 42" and it does have HDMI inputs - I assume you would have to find a bluetooth TV...or I guess USB? It does have that....

Glen, as I mentioned above, it will require Apple TV :rolleyes:

glen e
Jun 8, 2011, 08:49 AM
Glen, as I mentioned above, it will require Apple TV

thx!