PDA

View Full Version : Pad & Quill Contega for iPad2

Jasmynsway
Jun 4, 2011, 08:22 AM
Have you guys seen Pad & Quill's new case for iPad 2. It's a book style case AND stand. I just preordered. I have an Octavo and love it. The folks at P&Q are awesome. Check it out.

http://padandquill.com/the-contega-for-ipad2.html

glen e
Jun 4, 2011, 08:34 AM
Have you guys seen Pad & Quill's new case for iPad 2. It's a book style case AND stand. I just preordered. I have an Octavo and love it. The folks at P&Q are awesome. Check it out.

http://padandquill.com/the-contega-for-ipad2.html

I like it and own a P&Q now - terrific case. But I need a bookcase style that allows a better typing position like the old ipad1 case or the smartcover. Also this has no stylus holder which I have to have now. I applaud them for moving the style of the bookcase forward.

club1820
Jun 4, 2011, 09:39 AM
I like it! Cancel my portenzo order?!?!?!

Jasmynsway
Jun 4, 2011, 10:10 AM
I enjoy my P&Q so much I had to by it. I had been looking for a book style case at doubled as a stand. This meets all my requiremens.

Not sure if you should cancel your portenzo order, but I think this case is gonna be awesome.

kayjay
Jun 4, 2011, 11:40 AM
This looks really great. Please post a review when you get yours, Jasmynsway!

I've already got both a Portenzo and a Dodocase, and like both very much-- but I would love the stand feature this one has. I agree with glen-- it's nice to see some innovations in the bookcase style.

glen e
Jun 4, 2011, 12:24 PM
the other nice thing about P&Q is there is no need for emails and drama - they ship in a very reasonable time....once released, like 2 weeks or less is my experience...

swishbrade
Jun 4, 2011, 01:32 PM
Great case. This is going to sell very well!

whatdoiknw
Jun 4, 2011, 03:11 PM
hmm, is it me or do the covers look thicker than the octavo?

Jasmynsway
Jun 4, 2011, 05:08 PM
hmm, is it me or do the covers look thicker than the octavo?

I looked at that. I'm also wondering about the material that binds then case edge closest to the volume toggle. I figured I'd get it and if I didn't like it return it. I'll post pics and videos when it comes.

mcdj
Jun 5, 2011, 12:16 AM
never understood the appeal of carrying a slim tablet in a wooden box shaped like a book.

glen e
Jun 5, 2011, 02:26 AM
never understood the appeal of carrying a slim tablet in a wooden box shaped like a book.

because in many business situations it looks a lot better....

Jasmynsway
Jun 5, 2011, 06:46 AM
I agree. It protects the iPad as well as adds a professional and distinct look. It doesn't work for me to keep the iPad naked.

ikaveh
Jun 5, 2011, 08:40 AM
the op is a newbie
he registered in May
he is now telling a paticular company is awesome.... spamming is a possibility.

BlindMellon
Jun 5, 2011, 08:45 AM
..think I'd just rather stick with a Maroo folio case...

SFENDER
Jun 5, 2011, 09:20 AM
because in many business situations it looks a lot better....

I think this is true. Not everyone cares or wants to see how cool you are depending on the type of work you do. There are always tons of meetings to go to and staying low key and productive can be a good thing.

I don't have the book like case but may consider one.

glen e
Jun 5, 2011, 09:29 AM
the op is a newbie
he registered in May

it's not - it's a known company here with a new product..and he did not use the word AWESOME or BEST CASE in the title and publish some link to a POS foreign pacific rim company...

Jasmynsway
Jun 5, 2011, 09:38 AM
the op is a newbie
he registered in May

I'm not a spammer. I figured I'd mention that P&Q had a new case out since this is the accessories sections of the forum and I've learned of new products through similar posts by others. It might also be helpful check a member's other posts before making such an accusation.

whatdoiknw
Jun 5, 2011, 10:52 PM
the op is a newbie
he registered in May

hmm, I hardly think Pad & Quill is some new "unknown" brand around here.

pbrogrom
Jun 7, 2011, 03:53 PM
I see that shipping begins on 6/23. I would love to hear reviews of this case once it's shipped out.