PDA

View Full Version : Belkin coupon code

OKComputer
Mar 20, 2005, 10:01 PM
Im not a spammer I swear but I just found a coupon code for 50 percent off at belkin.com

its 12345 if you can believe it

clayj
Mar 20, 2005, 10:04 PM
I just tried it... it didn't work for me. (I tried it on one of those wireless PureAV component boxes... that's the only thing I really need right now, and saving $250 would be a hell of a good bargain.)

mxpiazza
Mar 20, 2005, 10:05 PM
i just tried it with a 14 foot 6-pin to 6-pin firewire cable and it absolutley worked... amazing. i wish i had a need for something from belkin.

OKComputer
Mar 20, 2005, 10:08 PM
just picked up a bt adapter for my imac G5 and a leather case for my wifes ipod mini. Sweet

mxpiazza
Mar 20, 2005, 10:10 PM
yeah, looks like it works with some items and dosen't work for others... try it out if you need anything guys, it does work for some items

acedickson
Mar 20, 2005, 10:13 PM
I just picked up a 4-pin to 6-pin Firewire cable. Thanks for pointing out it works with them mxpiazza. Half price is great!

ocellnuri
Mar 20, 2005, 10:14 PM
Aw man... so the secret's out now? ;)

It certainly works on the iPod Auto Kit, by the way.

mxpiazza
Mar 20, 2005, 10:17 PM
I just picked up a 4-pin to 6-pin Firewire cable. Thanks for pointing out it works with them mxpiazza. Half price is great!

no prob... what an oversight by Belkin. get it while you can, folks!

grapes911
Mar 20, 2005, 10:30 PM
no prob... what an oversight by Belkin. get it while you can, folks!

Actually, this code has been active most of the time for well over a year. I saw it on spoofee (http://www.spoofee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12912&highlight=belkin+12345). They do disable it every couple of months, but a week later its back. It probably will be active (mostly) for a long time.

clayj
Mar 20, 2005, 10:34 PM
Actually, this code has been active most of the time for well over a year. I saw it on spoofee (http://www.spoofee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12912&highlight=belkin+12345). They do disable it every couple of months, but a week later its back. It probably will be active (mostly) for a long time.If you take a minute to think about this, it's actually pretty smart of them to do this... after all, the profit margins on stuff like cables are pretty high, so even if they sell something at 50% off MSRP, they still probably make SOME money, and SOME money is better than NO money. And everyone thinks they're getting a great deal (they are, I suppose), so they all rush off to buy something. The only people getting hurt by this are retailers (Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.), since Belkin's pulling the rug out from under them by going direct to the consumer.

Pretty smart.

grapes911
Mar 21, 2005, 07:52 AM
If you take a minute to think about this, it's actually pretty smart of them to do this... after all, the profit margins on stuff like cables are pretty high, so even if they sell something at 50% off MSRP, they still probably make SOME money, and SOME money is better than NO money. And everyone thinks they're getting a great deal (they are, I suppose), so they all rush off to buy something. The only people getting hurt by this are retailers (Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.), since Belkin's pulling the rug out from under them by going direct to the consumer.

Pretty smart.

Oh, I agree. Everyone thinks they are getting a limited time offer and loads up on stuff they proabably wouldn't buy otherwise. Plus IMO the Belkin website has generally high prices. The 50% brings them back into the market.