Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
ok the make me look cool part is a joke :D

but on a serious note what are some must have iPad apps that really show off just how cool it can be ?

new owner looking to make this baby shine

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
Infinity Blade
Starwalk
iMovie...if you know what you're doing
Garageband...same exclusions...
The Daily
Splashtop
MLB at bat

....with that said...it'll really depend on your audience....for example, with all the the iPad can do, my dad remains most impressed and enthralled by Talking Tom Cat... :rolleyes:

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks guys and yep The Daily is really impressive, I downloaded and it's been fetching issues for a week or so am I on some type of trial? Will it stop working eventually requiring subscription or is it free?

Stangs55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2007
The Lone Star State
Thanks guys and yep The Daily is really impressive, I downloaded and it's been fetching issues for a week or so am I on some type of trial? Will it stop working eventually requiring subscription or is it free?

You have 7 free days. After that, it's 99 cents/week or 39 bucks/year.

For my family, we have four ipad 2's strung out among us, and each with a separate $39 subscription. It's a phenomenal deal, really.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Get FlipBoard and put a twitter feed on it, one that mostly posts links instead of regular tweets (I have @chronicle on mine). reading Wired on it is great, too.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know about the wow factor but for rrs news feeds from nearly any source I like Early Edition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.