PDA

View Full Version : iCloud Capabilities?

Jyby
Jun 4, 2011, 02:03 PM
Steve Jobs Q&A:

Q: So where do you work?
A: As the CEO of Apple, iWork in Lion.

I won't speculate on anything.

But, isn't iCloud a way for Apple to bring their store's & iOS into the cloud? With all of the server space available do you think Apple has enough to launch in:

A) USA Only
B) Select few than the World
C) Other (US EU, US AS ect.)

Then could it be possible to run iOS in the cloud? Use it on Any device or use Apps with Lion?

What if iOS & Lion came together? And what ever you bought in the App Store could work universally.

Go!

nuckinfutz
Jun 4, 2011, 02:36 PM
iCloud makes sense on multiple levels.

It's a way to store files off the computer yet have access to them when you're net connected. This is going to be important because it appears that Apple no longer cares about giving people a bajillion gigabytes of storage when said storage is pokey and slow.

SSD is going to rule the roost sooner rather than later and people will need to think about what content they "really" need on their fast but expensive storage.

iSync is gone so I suspect iCloud will take over the sync duties and that cannot happen soon enough. I'm tired of buying Universal apps that have no easy way to keep files in sync. My documents need to be highly accessible and portable.

iCloud will probably obviate the need for iWork.com which is likely why very few updates have happened but it is possible that iWork.com becomes a more collaborative environment that leverages iCloud.

I do not believe MobileMe is going away. Think about it.

Cloud = general offsite storage connected via the internet.

MobileMe- is a suite of services that "personalize" the Mac experience for users.

MobileMe is a personalized component of what should link into iCloud. iCloud will assume the sync duties and what I'd like to see MobileMe transition into is the personalization and handling of my Music, Movies, Websites and social interactions all glued together with iCloud.