Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzychicken

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Hello folks,

I am a Windows 7 64-bit home edition user and I use Copy Trans Manager to transfer my audio and video files to my iPod Touch 2G. Few days ago, I tried to copy a video on my iPod Touch 2G using Copy Trans Manager and it won't copy and crashed on me all the time so for the first time I used iTunes. Things didn't work perfectly as every video I added, it told me that this format is not supported and I ended up restoring iPod in Windows. iTunes crashed while restoration so I asked for my friend's help, who has a mac. He restored my iPod.

Now I can sync everything from my iPod to iTunes but I can not sync anything the other way around.

When I try to sync Apps from iTunes to iPod, it gives me error that, App XYZ could not be installed because it is not signed.

When I try to sync video, it gives me error that,
Attempting to the disk "My iPod" failed. An error occurred while reading from the device.
I say OK and next pop up appears
The iPod "My iPod" cannot be synced. An error occurred while writing to the device.

After repeated attempts as and when I do manage to sync a couple of small videos, it tells me that the format is not supported. All these videos have been previously played on this iPod and have been created using Handbrake and iPod Touch preset. All these videos even now play when I play them through Dropbox.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on here. Its driving me nuts. Music files play without any hassles, its only videos that giving me hard time. On another forum, I was told that since this is restored using Mac, I am having troubles and I should restore using a PC but I am not too sure and honestly I don't want to go through the same dreaded process again.

Any help in this regard is most appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.