PDA

View Full Version : Video of WWDC 2011 Keynote Now Available

MacRumors
Jun 6, 2011, 03:18 PM
http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/06/video-of-wwdc-2011-keynote-now-available/)

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/06/wwdc_2011_video.jpg

Just an hour after the end of the keynote at its Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple has already posted a video (http://www.apple.com/apple-events/wwdc-2011/) of the event.

Apple did not broadcast the event live, so the video as an opportunity for viewers to see for the first time Apple's presentations that saw the introduction of OS X Lion, iOS 5, and iCloud.

Article Link: Video of WWDC 2011 Keynote Now Available (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/06/06/video-of-wwdc-2011-keynote-now-available/)

blow45
Jun 6, 2011, 03:20 PM
Some of us saw it via leaked webcasts.

I got to say the macrumors log was lamentable, the worst of the lot, too much opinion and whining.

destroyboredom
Jun 6, 2011, 03:22 PM
Damn...that was quick.

Niteace
Jun 6, 2011, 03:22 PM
When i click that link it brings me to the March keynote?
That happening with anyone else?

jonnysods
Jun 6, 2011, 03:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

I just want to see how notifications work. Looking forward to the fall.

darthraige
Jun 6, 2011, 03:24 PM
Wow. Only Snow Leopard folks can see the vid? Not even just Leopard? Weak. Guess I watch it when I get home on the super Mac.

adztaylor
Jun 6, 2011, 03:27 PM
When i click that link it brings me to the March keynote?
That happening with anyone else?

Click on "See all Apple event videos" on the top right.

Collected
Jun 6, 2011, 03:27 PM
Link above is wrong. Go to the main page for the right one.

Full of Win
Jun 6, 2011, 03:28 PM
Goodie, we can now see the ruination of the ecosystem as well as reading about it. Making 10.7 download only :mad::mad::mad:

darrenprichards
That link definitely appears to go to march...

Mr. Gates
iOS 5 looks like LockInfo mixes with a little MobileNotifier

Why do I need to upgrade again??

vito
correct link http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/11piubpwiqubf06/event/

ayedgaf
Jun 6, 2011, 03:29 PM
sigh...only thing i was waitting for is for a back to school free ipod when purchase macbook :(

mr.steevo
Jun 6, 2011, 03:30 PM
Here we go again. Apple won't allow Leopard on a PPC to stream the video.

Anyone know the link to download this keynote?

Niteace
Jun 6, 2011, 03:31 PM
thanks guys have it now :)

Sneakz
Jun 6, 2011, 03:32 PM
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/11piubpwiqubf06/11piunpaiubsdvadibvas06_650_ref.mov

orangebluedevil
Jun 6, 2011, 03:34 PM
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/11piubpwiqubf06/11piunpaiubsdvadibvas06_650_ref.mov

+1 cookie. thank you

saxon48
Jun 6, 2011, 03:34 PM
Crap... Jobs looks even thinner, if that's possible.

mr.steevo
Jun 6, 2011, 03:35 PM

Sweet. Thanks!

PPC friendly!

Aduntu
Jun 6, 2011, 03:37 PM
Goodie, we can now see the ruination of the ecosystem as well as reading about it. Making 10.7 download only :mad::mad::mad:

Your condescending attitude and superiority complex are cancers in our society. Bring something to the discussion instead of relying on your tired shtick for attention.

saxon48
Jun 6, 2011, 03:37 PM

This ruins the ecosystem how? No boxes to manufacture, no discs no put in said boxes, no need for any sort of physical shipping - thus saving fuel, resources, and time.

kdjohn3
Jun 6, 2011, 03:39 PM
It should also be available via video podcast here in the next day or so:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665

Past WWDCs and special events are also available for download at the link.

Richdmoore
Jun 6, 2011, 03:42 PM
Even though the specs listed mac or pc, I wanted to confirm the stream works with the iPad as well. So for those of us on mobile devices, we can enjoy it too!

kockgunner
Jun 6, 2011, 03:44 PM
That was really fast.

Why can't they say, "...so that is iOS 5. Available... Today." That would be so much more climactic. I guess they are holding it off until the iPhone 5 comes out.

Anyone notice Jobs' speech was kinda slow and hesitant this time?

fcpvideoeditor
Sheesh,

Just started watching the event (and, yeah, the link goes to March) and was very thankful to see that Steve wasn't dying onstage! From the live stream you would have thought that he was unable to string coherent thoughts together. That was very distressing and a very poor documentation of what actually occurred. Come on, be better than that!

WeegieMac

I found it gut wrenchingly sad to watch, I genuinely did. My heart goes out to the man, he loves the company that much to come out and show face when he's clearly struggling. He doesn't know how to take a break, Apple (after his family of course) is his life.

orangebluedevil
Jun 6, 2011, 03:46 PM
who's got the download link? I'm on a PC and that link above is not working after all. Usually someone finds the link burried on the Apple site and we can right click and save as.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

cdinca
Jun 6, 2011, 03:49 PM
Except it was also streaming on CNN.

vjl323
Jun 6, 2011, 03:51 PM
I found it gut wrenchingly sad to watch, I genuinely did. My heart goes out to the man, he loves the company that much to come out and show face when he's clearly struggling. He doesn't know how to take a break, Apple (after his family of course) is his life.

Me too - I watched the MacRumorsLive coverage, and they weren't kidding - he was struggling to talk - sounds different. Looking forward to seeing his iCloud presentation though, as he apparently had more energy for that. But it is heart-breaking to see him in such a weak condition. My heart goes out to him and his family.

/vjl/

ksgant
Jun 6, 2011, 03:51 PM
Video is just on the page in Safari. No way to link to it. Download it. Pause it or fast forward it.

I got through the lion part of the video, made a mistake and closed the page, and went back and the video restarted at the beginning. :mad: No way to skip all that and go back to where I left off. Would have to watch the ENTIRE thing again. WTF is that?

slimjimtx
Jun 6, 2011, 03:52 PM
I don't recall seeing anything about a pro rata refund for us Mobile Me subscribers. I paid the $99 in November last year, so I'd like to get back what I prepaid for the months the service will no longer exist...

Full of Win
Jun 6, 2011, 03:53 PM
This ruins the ecosystem how? No boxes to manufacture, no discs no put in said boxes, no need for any sort of physical shipping - thus saving fuel, resources, and time.

Does not have to be a disk, would be happy with a thumbdrive. I have no issue with making it an OPTION. To make it the only way is a massive PITA for many users.

rcjh22
Jun 6, 2011, 03:58 PM
Come on Macrumors, no news about the Back To School Sale?

inkswamp
Jun 6, 2011, 04:01 PM
Lion looks promising but I'm wondering how well the multitouch/mission control features will be implemented in a desktop machine. I imagine magic mouse will be compatible, but I'd love to see them demo that specifically.

Sheesh,

Just started watching the event (and, yeah, the link goes to March) and was very thankful to see that Steve wasn't dying onstage! From the live stream you would have thought that he was unable to string coherent thoughts together. That was very distressing and a very poor documentation of what actually occurred. Come on, be better than that!

Agreed. He didn't seem bothered to me.

Mr. Gates
Jun 6, 2011, 04:02 PM
What was the "one more thing" ?

Zeov
Jun 6, 2011, 04:03 PM
ordered some pizza and gonna watch this on my flat screen TV F YEA.

kinda lame they didn't make livestream.. but w/e, they make it fast accessible right after anyways.

Lone Deranger
Jun 6, 2011, 04:03 PM
Anyone notice Jobs' speech was kinda slow and hesitant this time?

Slow, wavering, lacking energy. I found it very disturbing to watch and had to turn it off. He looked dreadful. :(

dwman
Jun 6, 2011, 04:04 PM

He definitely sounds very weak. Possibly he's just drained from preparing for the keynote.

gugy
Jun 6, 2011, 04:06 PM
Damn,
Steve look so skinny and weak. Feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets better.

I guess being healthy is the best treasure anybody can have.

megsandbytes
Jun 6, 2011, 04:08 PM
This is fantastic, thanks for the link! So glad they posted it so promptly for us unfortunate ones who couldn't attend!!

LaDirection
Jun 6, 2011, 04:09 PM
He definitely sounds very weak. Possibly he's just drained from preparing for the keynote.

He did lose more weight, his legs are visibly skeletal and weak. My mother died of cancer. I don't want to be alarmist, but he looks and sounds just like her in her final months. I don't think we should expect him to be with us for christmas I'm afraid...

Onimusha370
Jun 6, 2011, 04:11 PM
Glad to see the keynote posted so quickly.
I'm making a habit of watching these keynotes on the iPad 1, and I have to say, in 10 years time, it's gonna feel retro watching them on this :)
iCloud looks very interesting, and good to see jobs, no matter what condition, it shows his passion for his company.
Great keynote

podiki
Jun 6, 2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah, exactly, and look how he was walking... He seems to be deteriorating.

RalfTheDog
Jun 6, 2011, 04:20 PM

Think of all those unused bits cluttering up the landfills.

That was really fast.

Why can't they say, "...so that is iOS 5. Available... Today." That would be so much more climactic. I guess they are holding it off until the iPhone 5 comes out.

They need to give developers time with the new OS to test their old software and write new software to take advantage of the new APIs.

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of a new Airport extreme but everyone can't have everything they want.

inkswamp
Jun 6, 2011, 04:27 PM
Wow. 25 million iPads. That means they've actually sold almost as many iPad 2's in the last 3 months than all iPads sold in its first 12 months. Amazing.

bboucher790
Jun 6, 2011, 04:28 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Loved the keynote. iCloud was everything I needed it to be.

I will say, though, the "One. More. Thing." was the worst one more thing I've ever seen.

The only thing I hope iOS will introduce, is the ability to add words to the dictionary manually.

seppoj
Jun 6, 2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah, exactly, and look how he was walking... He seems to be deteriorating.

Yes, very, very sad........

wesrk
Jun 6, 2011, 04:29 PM
I can't do wireless atm so I will wait to watch this until the link is live and I can download it to my ipad.

iScott428
Jun 6, 2011, 04:31 PM
Wow. 25 million iPads. That means they've actually sold almost as many iPad 2's in the last 3 months than all iPads sold in its first 12 months. Amazing.

damn great point.

doctor-don
Jun 6, 2011, 04:53 PM
who's got the download link? I'm on a PC and that link above is not working after all. Usually someone finds the link burried on the Apple site and we can right click and save as.

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/11piubpwiqubf06/11piunpaiubsdvadibvas06_650_ref.mov was given previously.

trip1ex
Jun 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
Woz should be the successor Apple keynote/presentation spokesman.

Dr Kevorkian94
Jun 6, 2011, 04:57 PM
all i know is apples dev site was down then back up so i downloaded iOS 5 and itunes. now its back down and it wont let me update my iphone. so im waiting uhhh but now let me find these cloud features while i wait

doctor-don
Jun 6, 2011, 04:58 PM
Video is just on the page in Safari. No way to link to it. Download it. Pause it or fast forward it.

I got through the lion part of the video, made a mistake and closed the page, and went back and the video restarted at the beginning. :mad: No way to skip all that and go back to where I left off. Would have to watch the ENTIRE thing again. WTF is that?

At least you already have installed Snow Leopard and can view it. I am able to watch at http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/11piubpwiqubf06/11piunpaiubsdvadibvas06_650_ref.mov but I cannot download it for viewing when I have nothing better to do, and I don't have QT Pro to save it.

Maybe it will be available for Leopard later as the conference was last year.

(L)
Jun 6, 2011, 05:02 PM
Was there absolutely no mention of any hardware?

mariana888
Jun 6, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wow. Only Snow Leopard folks can see the vid? Not even just Leopard? Weak. Guess I watch it when I get home on the super Mac.

I watched on the iPad without any problems

RalfTheDog
Jun 6, 2011, 05:07 PM
Was there absolutely no mention of any hardware?

They might talk about new hardware later in the conference. I don't think they have finalised the design for the next iPhone due to the fact they are not sure about availability of parts. I am sure they have a primary design they hope to bring out and several fallback designs.

They may also have some lesser hardware they will be releasing, but they don't want to dilute the keynote message.

twoodcc
Jun 6, 2011, 05:11 PM
that was fast! i like to download it instead of stream it though

inkswamp
Jun 6, 2011, 05:11 PM

I love Woz. I think he's great, a real inspiration, but he'd be a horrible presenter for an Apple keynote. "Today, we're announcing NFC for iPhone which means you can pay for things with your iPhone... and that reminds me of that time I had a sheet of 2 dollar bills printed out. Let me re-tell that story...."

WannaGoMac
Jun 6, 2011, 05:13 PM
I thought you guys were exaggerating but Steve looks beyond awful. He's dying, you can see it. He has no butt anymore (his pants are hanging straight down as all the fat is gone from his body). So sad. It may be the end sorry to say...

RalfTheDog
I love Woz. I think he's great, a real inspiration, but he'd be a horrible presenter for an Apple keynote. "Today, we're announcing NFC for iPhone which means you can pay for things with your iPhone... and that reminds me of that time I had a sheet of 2 dollar bills printed out. Let me re-tell that story...."

... and one more thing, we had some issues with RF attenuation that we were able to compensate for by use of a capacitor that we...

MNealBarrett
Supposedly, via the new "purchases" tab in iTunes 10.3, you can re-download all of your past purchases. So, I started with a system that had a nearly-fresh install of Windows 7 (I installed it just last week), updated to iTunes 10.3. I authorized my computer, and I found the new "purchases" entry in the Music Store. But I can't figure out how to re-download for free everything that I purchased in the past. I can see all of my past purchases by looking at my account (there is still an option to view past purchases), but I can't see how to re-download all of them, like Apple says you now can.

Anaemik
Jun 6, 2011, 05:14 PM
I've always been an Apple fan, but never an Apple fanboy. I've always had respect for Steve as probably *the* greatest business mind of our time, and certainly the most charismatic leader of industry, but today I developed a new respect for him. While I hope that my instincts are misplaced, to me the man I saw on stage during the opening speech of this keynote was a man that had already reconciled the fact within himself that his time on this earth had come to an end. I realise I am in danger of coming off as an alarmist and reading too much into things here, but to me even Phil Schiller looks like he is putting on a brave face. I think I even noticed his voice cracking on a couple of occasions. I can't help but think that his demeanour is closely linked to Steve's appearance and manner. I have yet to reach Scott Forstall so I can't speak to how he acts during the keynote, but so far I'm left feeling incredibly uneasy by this whole presentation.

I truly want to be wrong, but if I am even close in my suspicions, then his appearance at this keynote was both noble and courageous. I don't want to speculate too far into the future, so I shall just say that I wish you well Steve - you changed the world.

RalfTheDog
Jun 6, 2011, 05:16 PM
Supposedly, via the new "purchases" tab in iTunes 10.3, you can re-download all of your past purchases. So, I started with a system that had a nearly-fresh install of Windows 7 (I installed it just last week), updated to iTunes 10.3. I authorized my computer, and I found the new "purchases" entry in the Music Store. But I can't figure out how to re-download for free everything that I purchased in the past. I can see all of my past purchases by looking at my account (there is still an option to view past purchases), but I can't see how to re-download all of them, like Apple says you now can.

That feature may not yet be turned on. Give it another 15 minutes and try again.

doctor-don
Jun 6, 2011, 05:29 PM
I watched on the iPad without any problems

Streaming video requires Safari 4 or 5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Safari on iOS 3 or later, or QuickTime 7 on Windows.

Guess you have the correct / necessary OS on your iPad, then.

This began with last March's Special Event. Prior video can be viewed using Firefox and downloaded as .qt video to be watched at a more convenient time.

b0rg
Jun 6, 2011, 05:31 PM
that was fast! i like to download it instead of stream it though

Me to, how can i download it to a file?

kdjohn3
Jun 6, 2011, 05:50 PM
Me to, how can i download it to a file?

Uh, look earlier in this thread. I posted a link to Apple's keynote podcast feed. They usually get them on there within a day.

Cbswe
Jun 6, 2011, 06:07 PM
Steves appearance today reminded me of those last appearances of Freddie Mercury. The difference, I guess, is that Steve might have a fighting chance against his illness.

Some of the parts were no doubt in quality of his usual top-notch rhetorical performance. But at many times it seemed like a physical struggle. I actually would've preferred if he delegated the whole keynote to Scott & Phil and only return doing keynotes if he gets his health back.

TheSlush
Jun 6, 2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, Steve is looking worse. Thinner and graver and struggling compared to the previous normal for him. This is not surprising, given the normal trajectory of his illness and the aftermath of a liver transplant. It is sad news indeed. But I appreciate that he is giving us as much of himself as possible while he can.

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks. Steve is and always will be DA MAN.

tablo13
Jun 6, 2011, 06:17 PM
That video on my iPod touch 4g seems to make Tapatalk and Safari crash.

Anaemik
Jun 6, 2011, 06:21 PM
On the subject of Mail "Conversations" (which seem very cool), I wonder how they will handle those emails where somebody has replied to a previous email by inserting their responses between quoted portions of your previous message. If this was somehow parsed in an intelligent manner and formatted in such a way that improves the appearance in a way consistent with the new conversation layout, that'd be pretty darned cool.

(L)
Jun 6, 2011, 06:32 PM
They might talk about new hardware later in the conference. I don't think they have finalised the design for the next iPhone due to the fact they are not sure about availability of parts. I am sure they have a primary design they hope to bring out and several fallback designs.

They may also have some lesser hardware they will be releasing, but they don't want to dilute the keynote message.

Thank you for your reply. Completely contrary to the keynote, I want to get a workstation as a "hub" for all my portable devices. I'm most interested in a Mini or Mac Pro, though I halfway expect they are months away. Can't hurt to wait a week, I suppose, since especially a Mac Pro might be a fairly minor update. The iMac looks great except for the BS decision to make hard drives impossible to replace on your own.

MoreAwesomeDanU
Jun 6, 2011, 06:36 PM
wow steve sounds REALLY sick...

doctor-don
Jun 6, 2011, 06:40 PM
I've always been an Apple fan, but never an Apple fanboy. I've always had respect for Steve as probably *the* greatest business mind of our time, and certainly the most charismatic leader of industry, but today I developed a new respect for him. While I hope that my instincts are misplaced, to me the man I saw on stage during the opening speech of this keynote was a man that had already reconciled the fact within himself that his time on this earth had come to an end. I realise I am in danger of coming off as an alarmist and reading too much into things here, but to me even Phil Schiller looks like he is putting on a brave face. I think I even noticed his voice cracking on a couple of occasions. I can't help but think that his demeanour is closely linked to Steve's appearance and manner. I have yet to reach Scott Forstall so I can't speak to how he acts during the keynote, but so far I'm left feeling incredibly uneasy by this whole presentation.

I truly want to be wrong, but if I am even close in my suspicions, then his appearance at this keynote was both noble and courageous. I don't want to speculate too far into the future, so I shall just say that I wish you well Steve - you changed the world.

That he can appear at the WWDC is a tribute to his perseverance.

Sorry, but I don't see that much of a difference between his appearance this year and that of last year. He lost a lot of weight. Now he has the same belt but the end is either cut off or tucked in and isn't flapping around, accentuating the weight loss.

Sacird
Jun 6, 2011, 06:49 PM
Watching it now. Steve does look and sound pretty bad. Hopefully he can pull through. He has a strong will, I am sure of that. Sometimes I strongly disagree or get frustrated with some decisions he makes but I respect the hell out of the guy.

Heres to hoping for him to kick that sicknesses butt! :apple:

aznkid25
Jun 6, 2011, 07:26 PM
FYI, if you are looking for a direct download link to today's keynote, there won't be one until the podcast version is posted. At least that's the only way I know how to get the download link.

tpelton
Jun 6, 2011, 07:32 PM
Seriously, I don't know how to make that happen. I can watch youtube, and content on my computer, but I don't know if it is possible to view this from the comfort of my couch...

caspersoong
Jun 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
Waiting for youtube version for the HD version. Still not available.

NeedMoreVideo
Jun 6, 2011, 07:47 PM
Streaming seems to be broken for me right now :(

ryanwarsaw
Jun 6, 2011, 07:47 PM

He is facing a life threatening illness, Show some tact.

Nabby
Jun 6, 2011, 08:23 PM
Seriously, I don't know how to make that happen. I can watch youtube, and content on my computer, but I don't know if it is possible to view this from the comfort of my couch...

I don't have ATV1, so I can't speak to that.

For ATV2, there is a podcast listing. Once it is posted as a podcast on Apple's site, it is available to watch. Right now, the newest Apple Keynote Podcast is the March event.

Nabby

NY Guitarist
Jun 6, 2011, 08:57 PM
Saw about 15 seconds of the stream then got the spinning wheel, even after leaving it open for a long time and coming back, nothing.

I can only say that I hope that's not an indication of the performance we can expect from iCloud.

I guess I'll wait for the podcast. I subscribe to it anyway.

orangebluedevil
Jun 6, 2011, 09:05 PM
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/11piubpwiqubf06/11piunpaiubsdvadibvas06_650_ref.mov was given previously.

Ya and it's still not a download link.

As someone helpful pointed out - you have to wait until the podcast posts or download a browser extension to hack it.

Brother Esau
Jun 6, 2011, 09:25 PM

Yes, it is very sad. Steve appears to not being doing well at all, you can see it as plain as day. Compared to last summer he has lost allot of weight and really should be focusing in on his health as his main priority and concern.

AppleScruff1
Jun 6, 2011, 09:34 PM

That might not be a bad idea. People really like him. I wonder if he's up to the task or even interested in getting involved with the company again? With Jobs sick, it would be a good back to the roots transition.

HiRez
Jun 6, 2011, 10:03 PM
What's up with the goofy wood-grain chart textures? Very un-Apple-like.

thelonelylimo
Jun 6, 2011, 10:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

that's cool.. I know I'll own it eventually. I just wanted to see Steve Jobs do the WWDC.

aznkid25
Jun 6, 2011, 11:22 PM
I wonder the podcast version will be posted tonight, or will we have to wait until tomorrow. Still haven't seen any sign of the podcast yet, which means no direct download link.

adityashah1989
Jun 6, 2011, 11:57 PM
It should also be available via video podcast here in the next day or so:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/apple-keynotes/id275834665

Past WWDCs and special events are also available for download at the link.

Not yet on the pod. :(

thelonelylimo
Jun 7, 2011, 04:35 AM
I find it interesting that Carol Bartz & Dick Costolo attended the dinner with President Obama, Steve Jobs, and others in February. 4 months later, Yahoo Messenger is integrated in iChat in OS X Lion, & Twitter integrated into iOS 5.

Coincidence?

punchwalk
Jun 7, 2011, 07:12 AM
That might not be a bad idea. People really like him. I wonder if he's up to the task or even interested in getting involved with the company again? With Jobs sick, it would be a good back to the roots transition.

Woz hasn't been involved with Apple from a business standpoint in a long, long time (aside from making dividends, of course) and nothing in any of his biographical information I've read indicates that he has any interest in a return. Not that it wouldn't be cool especially from a sentimental standpoint, but I don't see it happening. It'll almost certainly be Tim Cook as he's already been groomed to step into the role over the past year or so. Let's just hope we don't have to cross that bridge as soon as it looks like we might.

newagemac
Jun 7, 2011, 08:45 AM
I love watching the podcasts of the keynote through the Apple TV2! Watching the presentation on my big 60" TV in HD quality is almost like being there. Can't wait until this fall to see how the Apple TV will work with the iCloud stuff. My guess is since it's an iOS device it will be freed from the PC as well.

saffronboots
Jun 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
What was the "one more thing" ?

For $25/yr you can have all your questionably-obtained music in the iCloud, without fear of litigation from the record companies and their legal teams.

That's what I gathered from what Steve didn't say...

adityashah1989
Jun 7, 2011, 12:11 PM
Anyone have a direct download link? I am out of town and the internet here is two slow to stream. The pod is not yet up as well unfortunately.

aznkid25
Jun 7, 2011, 03:32 PM
Here's the direct download link people have been waiting for:
http://itstreaming.apple.com/podcasts/apple_keynotes/wwdc2011_ipod.m4v

File size: 1.21GB
Length: 1:58:23

NY Guitarist
Jun 7, 2011, 04:38 PM
Here's the direct download link people have been waiting for:
http://itstreaming.apple.com/podcasts/apple_keynotes/wwdc2011_ipod.m4v

File size: 1.21GB
Length: 1:58:23

Yup, just saw iTunes DL'ing the podcast for me. Ugh... 5 hours?

As someone who just paid for the MobileMe renewal, I'm a little confused on how this impacts me. But I'll watch the Keynote and see if it clears things up.

BTW, just got an email from Apple saying that they would extend my MobileMe until June 6, 2012. Yeah, 2 extra weeks.

jayducharme
Jun 7, 2011, 08:10 PM
I watched the whole thing full-screen without any technical issues. I found it to be a really impressive presentation, perhaps one of the most significant keynotes of Jobs' impressive career. This is what he had wanted to do nearly 15 years ago, but didn't have the infrastructure for. As usual, he's driven Apple way out ahead of all the other PC and mobile companies. He knows the future is the "cloud" and he's made it happen.

The main thing that's kept me from using my iPad as my main computer is the hassle of saving and syncing, and the lack of copious storage. That will no longer be an issue. Ironically, the future lies in the past. One of my first tech jobs in the 1980s was working with a Wang system, where we all had dumb terminals. All the software and every document we created was synced to a central server. I've come full circle now, except that my office is the world.

haruhiko
Jun 7, 2011, 08:56 PM
I thought you guys were exaggerating but Steve looks beyond awful. He's dying, you can see it. He has no butt anymore (his pants are hanging straight down as all the fat is gone from his body). So sad. It may be the end sorry to say...
He looks more like a dying cancer patient than any other keynote before... how sad it is. :( His situation is clearly not optimistic, you can see he tried to look exciting when he announced iCloud, but....

frankk
Jun 7, 2011, 11:09 PM
Yes, it is very sad. Steve appears to not being doing well at all, you can see it as plain as day. Compared to last summer he has lost allot of weight and really should be focusing in on his health as his main priority and concern.

Echo that. He doesn't look well at all, I was hoping he might have put on a little more weight and have generally recovered a bit. Quite the opposite, very frail. Health to you Steve.

marconiusrex
Jun 7, 2011, 11:34 PM
...was hoping the "oh...and one last thing" would have included video...movie and TV purchases.....oh we'll maybe down the road....would take a rediculous amount of cloud storage.....and the transfer would be so slow....especially with everything moving to HD

marconiusrex
Jun 7, 2011, 11:37 PM
Echo that. He doesn't look well at all, I was hoping he might have put on a little more weight and have generally recovered a bit. Quite the opposite, very frail. Health to you Steve.

I appreciate what you are saying about Steve's health...but he clearly thrives on this stuff...:o. I think its just what the Dr ordered!

thelonelylimo
Jun 8, 2011, 12:25 AM
I went to Apple.com on my iPad, AirPlayed it to my Apple TV 2 without any hesitation or buffering.

thelonelylimo
Jun 8, 2011, 12:54 AM

Agreed. It crossed my mind while he was introducing iCloud, it seems he cares more about his company rather than his own health.

I watch Apple's keynotes for Steve specifically most of the time. I know I'll own and use all the products eventually anyway.

Wouldn't it be great to see Woz and Jobs on the same stage together once more? Just one more time....

pdjudd
Jun 8, 2011, 08:18 AM
Woz hasn't been involved with Apple from a business standpoint in a long, long time (aside from making dividends, of course) and nothing in any of his biographical information I've read indicates that he has any interest in a return. Not that it wouldn't be cool especially from a sentimental standpoint, but I don't see it happening. It'll almost certainly be Tim Cook as he's already been groomed to step into the role over the past year or so. Let's just hope we don't have to cross that bridge as soon as it looks like we might.

That is what I have been getting from Woz as well. While he may talk with Steve occasionally (as old friends would) and possibly he might have some ties with people at Apple, he has absolutely no formal employment ties with Apple and that has been the case for a couple of decades. Any ties with Apple are largely symbolic ones as the co-founder and possibly via dividends.

He has pretty much made it clear that he wouldn't want the job - he's not the managerial type. Working for Apple is in Woz's past - he has other things that he likes to do. I think that Jobs respects that choice.

No More Windows
Jun 13, 2011, 07:08 AM
He looks more like a dying cancer patient than any other keynote before... how sad it is. :( His situation is clearly not optimistic, you can see he tried to look exciting when he announced iCloud, but....

I'm a fairly new Apple convert, since the 4th Gen iPod Touch I was given for Christmas I now have an iPhone 4, Apple TV2 and 21.5" current model iMac. My wife has also had a similar conversion to myself with iPod, iPhone and we share the iMac!! I can't seem to get enough of Apple having downloaded and watched every available Keynote and product presentation available on iTunes. I've recently bought several books about Steve Jobs including iLeadership, iCon and the Return to the Little Kingdom as well as Steve Wozniak's iWoz and loved them all.

Recently I've found myself feeling really sad at the situation that Steve Jobs finds himself in at the moment. Anybody who has lost a loved one to cancer, or any other disease knows the "Look" of someone who is not doing well. Clearly Steve has deteriorated in recent months, and he did seem to struggle at certain points in this Keynote, but if history has taught us anything about Steve Jobs, he can never be under-estimated. He has the will power and the drive to beat this and I would not in the slightest bit be surprised to see him make a full recovery.

His drive and character could be the key to beating his health issues. The fact that he is clearly so sick and he still fronted the keynote is testamet to that drive and ambition. This is a man that has already changed the world and I suspect that he's not finished just yet. There was another post earlier in this thread along the lines that he thrives on this stuff... and that this could be just the medicine he needs. I certainly believe that this may well be the case, and at the risk of sounding way too optomistic, I just loved the fact that he did present the Keynote in a kind of triumphant "Up-Yours" to the trashy tabloid media types like the National Enquirer's infamous "Six Weeks To Live" story based on that Palo Alto carpark video.

All power to you Steve, I hope you come through this and you are able to one day enjoy a long and healthy retirement. I thank you for your wisdom and your wonderful company, and I trust that when you do retire Apple will be in the safe hands of your chosen succsessors. I just wish I had discovered Apple products sooner!!