Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
While I wasn't there, I've seen photos from Engadget and MacRumors today and he looked absolutely horrible.

It's sad really.:(

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
Very sad. I find it especially tragic to see one's body fail, when one's mind is still exceptionally capable.

I wish upon him nothing more than good, sustained health.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
While I wasn't there, I've seen photos from Engadget and MacRumors today and he looked absolutely horrible.

That's not very cult-like for you to say...

"He looked energetic and vibrant. Youth can really relate to him!"

~ Word-for-word what my church said of the pope, before I escaped their compound.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
REALLY?? OMG NO WAY!

We keep hearing the "he didn't look good at all today" line since 2009.

No kidding. The man is ill. Everyone knows this. How did you expect him to look??

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
REALLY?? OMG NO WAY!

No kidding. The man is ill. Everyone knows this. How did you expect him to look??

We know but it's still sad to see no? :(

MBP13

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
Not only did he not look good, but he didn't sound good at all! His voice wasn't as full and as deep as it has been for previous keynotes.

I hope he's able to recover eventually. :(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The man is so gaunt looking, you have to wonder if he'll ever go back to apple.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
every time I see him on stage he looks fair bit worse than last time. I honestly think the guy really needs to step down as CEO and pass it on to someone else. it would be a lot better for the company in the long run. He can still and should be on the board but I do not think he should be CEO with his health.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Very sad. I find it especially tragic to see one's body fail, when one's mind is still exceptionally capable.

I wish upon him nothing more than good, sustained health.

It is sad to see anyone fail like this. You know he's not feeling well at all and it took a huge effort for him to to do the presentation. It probably exhausted him.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

BornAgainMac said:
I think he had a stressful life managing his busy life. Might have been the root cause of all his medical problems.

The root cause is cancer.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
REALLY?? OMG NO WAY!

Man, can't anyone have a decent discussion about anything without you hijacking it?

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

BornAgainMac said:

The root cause is cancer.

Cancer is another symptom.

LOL you don't get cancer from working hard. As for a stressful life, that's entirely subjective. Jobs loves his work.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
every time I see him on stage he looks fair bit worse than last time. I honestly think the guy really needs to step down as CEO and pass it on to someone else. it would be a lot better for the company in the long run. He can still and should be on the board but I do not think he should be CEO with his health.

And what makes you qualified to make that decision?

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World

LOL you don't get cancer from working hard. As for a stressful life, that's entirely subjective. Jobs loves his work.

Before you LOL too much, you might want to read through Psychological Stress and Cancer: Questions and Answers, from the National Cancer Institute.

The complex relationship between physical and psychological health is not well understood. Scientists know that psychological stress can affect the immune system, the body’s defense against infection and disease (including cancer); however, it is not yet known whether stress increases a person’s susceptibility to disease.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada

We dint know what caused it. But his "stressful life" most certainly isn't the cause of "all his medical problems." That's just downright ridiculous. First you'll need to establish that he actually feels that stress as negative, and at what point that stress occurred.

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002

We dint know what caused it. But his "stressful life" most certainly isn't the cause of "all his medical problems." That's just downright ridiculous. First you'll need to establish that he actually feels that stress as negative, and at what point that stress occurred.

Wow, two contradicting statements in one post. First you say we don't know what caused it, and in the very next sentence you proclaim that his stressful life isn't the cause. Downright ridiculous, indeed.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada

Alright. Then let's assume his "stressful life" might have been a component.

It no longer matters, anyway.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
Facts are Facts, there is no denying that this man is very ill. The only reason he's still alive (barely) is due to the virtually unlimited sum of money he has to spend weekly on meds and treatment.

Unfortunately he also thinks he's above the law that everyone else lives by. This is the very person that left the USA secretly, to have a liver transplant. Apple's board of directors had no idea where he was. If he would have died on the operating table there would have been quite a catastrophe affecting thousands of people. That's one very selfish move.

That's also an SEC violation that usually would be dealt with legally. But he's a rock star that probably slips enough grease under the table to get by with anything.

He's been accused of funny business with Apple's books and stock trading, all kinds of things of a nefarious nature, yet he's never held accountable. In addition most of this is hardly reported and when it is, it's a back page item in 2 font.

That's the power of money, influence, and well....

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Facts are Facts, there is no denying that this man is very ill. The only reason he's still alive (barely) is due to the virtually unlimited sum of money he has to spend weekly on meds and treatment.

Unfortunately he also thinks he's above the law that everyone else lives by. This is the very person that left the USA secretly, to have a liver transplant. Apple's board of directors had no idea where he was. If he would have died on the operating table there would have been quite a catastrophe affecting thousands of people. That's one very selfish move.

That's also an SEC violation that usually would be dealt with legally. But he's a rock star that probably slips enough grease under the table to get by with anything.

He's been accused of funny business with Apple's books and stock trading, all kinds of things of a nefarious nature, yet he's never held accountable. In addition most of this is hardly reported and when it is, it's a back page item in 2 font.

That's the power of money, influence, and well....

IIRC, He received his liver transplant in Memphis, Tennessee , which is still part of the US.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
He's been accused of funny business with Apple's books and stock trading, all kinds of things of a nefarious nature, yet he's never held accountable.

He's never been found guilty. He's already been in court over several things, called to testify, etc.

I'm not sure what makes you think he's "above the law" when it was already decided he did nothing illegal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.