PDA

View Full Version : iBook 14" 1.33 vs. iBook 14" 1.42

nhcowboy1
Jun 6, 2011, 05:49 PM
Just curious . . . if and when my son finally gets his own computer and I get back my iBooks, which one should I sell and which one should I keep? The 1.42 really is in beautiful condition, but assuming all else is equal, is there a difference in resale value between the 1.42 and the 1.33? There used to be . . . but that was a long time ago and I have no idea if there are still collectors out there who are interested in the 1.42.

If the resale value on either is equally low, then I'll just hold onto the 1.42. (Why not?) But if it's actually worth something, then I can sell it and just keep using one of the 1.33's.

Thoughts?

iLucas
Jun 6, 2011, 05:56 PM
Just curious . . . if and when my son finally gets his own computer and I get back my iBooks, which one should I sell and which one should I keep? The 1.42 really is in beautiful condition, but assuming all else is equal, is there a difference in resale value between the 1.42 and the 1.33? There used to be . . . but that was a long time ago and I have no idea if there are still collectors out there who are interested in the 1.42.

If the resale value on either is equally low, then I'll just hold onto the 1.42. (Why not?) But if it's actually worth something, then I can sell it and just keep using one of the 1.33's.

Thoughts?

Keep the 1.42. Although both machines are out of date, the 1.42 is the best iBook that was made, and it runs leopard smoothly.

nhcowboy1
Jun 7, 2011, 11:12 AM
Any guess as to what the resale value would be for either of them? If there's any difference, I'm still more inclined to sell the more valuable one, rather than keep it.

mabaker
Jun 7, 2011, 12:00 PM
What are the computersí exact data? RAM? HDD?

If the 1.33 has a spacious HDD and max amount of RAM then the difference in resale value would be little.