PDA

View Full Version : vhs to imac g3?

munchmime
Mar 21, 2005, 06:03 PM
My brother and I are avid martial artists. he is far more advanced than I, But he's got more time.
Now more towards the point...
He also has a huge video collection of instructional videos that he wants me to convert and put on DVD.
I have the computer, I have FCP 4, but I don't have what I need to hook up a vcr to the computer, nor the time.
I have done this through the use of my DV camcorders before though.

So I was thinking of giving him my old indigo imac g 500mhz, and showing him how to feed the video into one of older versions of imovie or FCP that I have, and then send it to an old version of idvd where he could make chapters. Then I can transfer it to my PM and burn it for him.

Problem being is I am not sure what exactly to use for the vcr to iMac g3 hook up, and I though that this was the best place to come for some information on that as to what works best from which company(?).
(I dont believe that the vhs tapes to be copied are protected in any way, but if they are, I do have a filter for that.)

Thanx!

varmit
Mar 21, 2005, 08:02 PM
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/TV402UMac.htm

You need something like this, that can bridge the vcr conection and turn it into digital to be recorded. I used an Eyetv to digitize a vhs tape myself, but this is a cheaper version but has the same software and abilities. Just no remote like the Eyetv.