PDA

View Full Version : Signing up for iCloud

joelovesapple
Jun 6, 2011, 06:23 PM
I have just watched the keynote on Apples' website.

I am just wondering how it would work for me. I don't own any IOS devices - just an iPod classic and the iMac in my signature. If I were to sign up to iCloud when it becomes available, would I be able to use it like previous Mobileme subscribers did on my Mac?

Basically, could I replace/merge my gmail account with it? I'd love to be able to finally once and for all use an Apple service with my Mac (I'd still keep gmail simply because of the integration it provides with my Android phone).

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before. I for one and MASSIVELY excited with today's announcements! No more waiting for my copy of OS X to arrive in the mail... not having to fork out huge sums of money.

Could it really be any better? :D:apple::apple:

kurzz
Jun 6, 2011, 07:33 PM
The email portion doesn't really change so yes, you can use the @me.com address just like it is now, only now it is free.

joelovesapple
Jun 6, 2011, 07:38 PM
The email portion doesn't really change so yes, you can use the @me.com address just like it is now, only now it is free.

When will I be able to? In the fall? So this means I can just add an account in Mail once I've joined?

Thanks...

kurzz
Jun 6, 2011, 07:59 PM
If you already have a me.com account you can use it until iCloud comes out this fall. If not, you have to wait.

joelovesapple
Jun 6, 2011, 08:03 PM
If you already have a me.com account you can use it until iCloud comes out this fall. If not, you have to wait.

Thanks for that!