PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 update after jailbreak problems

joshuakrey
Jun 6, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hey all. I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken (I think it was greenpois0n) and it has been running slow so I was just going to update to the newest firmware and not worry about a jailbreak right now. I plugged my phone in, downloaded the firmware and started the install. My phone had the Apple logo and the white bar. The white bar went a little over half way and sat there for a long time and didn't move. I tried to stop it and now my phone is stuck on a screen that says connect to iTunes and nothing happens.

I tried to plug it back in and iTunes told me it found a phone but needed to restore and upgrade. So I tried that and again the same thing happened.

I need my phone for work and I am lost on what to do to bring it back to life. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

SuitcaseB
Jun 7, 2011, 04:53 AM
Have you tried plugging it into iTunes, holding down the home and power button for 10 secs then letting go of the power button- should put it in restore mode and you should be able to restore then...

gngan
Jun 7, 2011, 05:01 AM
Just like above. Try to restore it through dfu mode. If you don't know what it is then search iphone dfu mode