Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amb110395

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
Hello there! I want to start programming for the iphone but I am a little stuck. First, I have little programming knowledge. I know python and I have used java and c++ for basic programs. I have been searching for a while but I haven't been able to find a good iphone programming book. Most of them get bad reviews and they all are old and outdated. For example, the Big Nerd Ranch Guide for iphone programming was the best book I was able to find but some users that bought it recently said that the code in the book is now outdated. I have even tried to learn with the Harvard videos but learning from a video is more complicated than I thought. So, is there a good and recent book that goes from the very basic to the more advanced stuff and goes step by step?

Also, for the app I want to do I need to include physics. Is there any chance I can code it myself even though I now nothing about programming on the iphone? I know the answer is probably no so, is there any good physic engines that have good documentation and tutorials?

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.