Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
Just downloaded and attempted to install DP4 on my 2010 MacBook Pro. I was watching the installer log and soon noticed that it was hanging on this

Jun 6 20:32:18 cpe-67-252-43-84 OSInstaller[331]: FileURLGetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Librarian.framework/Librarian,LBGetAttributeValueForItem) failed

It would do this over and over again. I even reached the point where the installer window was telling me that I had "-2 minutes" to go.

Did anyone else have this issue? Thankfully I have win7 installed on this computer also. Im going to attempt to insert my SL disk and see if I can run some disk repair on my HD from there.

robincard

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
I've had the installer issue you describe on DP1,DP2 and DP3 on all three of my machines: iMac 2010, Macbook 2008, Macbook Pro 2009.

I'm reluctant to try DP4 now...

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
Trying to clean install lion dp 4 from SL on macbook pro 2011 15".
DP 4 installer hangs after first reboot –*trying to show installer.app window with progress bar and hangs.

Any ideas ?

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
sigh, again? I don't know why we have to suffer through this, I'm going to have to mirror my hard drive to an external one and see how it goes, I'd hate to break my Primary OS X Lion Hd, having to reinstall is a pain..

espoir

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Trying to clean install lion dp 4 from SL on macbook pro 2011 15".
DP 4 installer hangs after first reboot –*trying to show installer.app window with progress bar and hangs.

Any ideas ?

Same for me - it hangs after the first reboot (macbook pro 2011)

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
Same for me - it hangs after the first reboot (macbook pro 2011)

Seems it is an issue on macbook pro 2011 – I was suspecting my ocz ssd drive in hanging (later there were difficulties to install snow leopard until ocz rolled out a new firmware).

espoir

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Seems it is an issue on macbook pro 2011 – I was suspecting my ocz ssd drive in hanging (later there were difficulties to install snow leopard until ocz rolled out a new firmware).

Actually, I run into this problem after system update for the macbook pro. I already had DP2 installed at the time and counldn't load it anymore (it would hang just like DP4 installer hangs now)

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
DP3 worked fine with IO80211 kext from DP2.
DP3 failed to boot after an installation, but there were no any troubles with installing itself.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I can't believe there are still problems with the 2011 machines. This thing is shipping next month!

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
I'm also facing installation hang on my MacBook Pro 2011 model..

First it started of with hanging right after rebooting on the spinning circle beneath the Apple logo. So I attached my external hard drive containing the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Recovery DVD and I did a hard drive repair and permission repair and tried to install again and this time it manages to get past the spinning thingie but now it hangs the very same second the "Installing" window shows up, my cursor is stuck in the top left corner.

Nothing I can do it seems, I did also try to clone the installation over on an external hard drive but it hangs the very second the installation process is about to begin..

First it though this might be because I have replaced my superdrive with another SSD and running RAID0. But it seems like I'm not the only one facing problems?

Lukeit

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
Shanghai, China
Same here DP4 on iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor ... first try hanging and later on message saying install error try restart and install again... same story. This time did not even start installing but hanged at "preparing to install" screen.

All Ok on MacBook pro 17''

What's happening?

genu1ne

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2007
Same Problem! Freeze after Reboot and Installer launch. Now how can we get back to our old 10.6 system? It also freezes when I boot up my snow leopard install cd. Here it freezes with the black apple "bluescreen" and some terminal commands in the background...

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
Here is my screenshot – install hangs after the first reboot:
dab.img

with cinema display removed – sometimes first install windows appers with the progress bar.
This is not SSD problem - I've tried to install onto 16GB Usb stick.

Atarikid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Tried several ways to install DP4. Clean install, update on DP3, update on SL, ... always the same result. Freezes after first boot.
Sometimes got a corrupted Apple logo boot screen but freezes nevertheless.

Macbook Pro 2011

Could well be a Appstore protection. If you don't officially download it from the Appstore it will not work.

Also, shame it will not be released on DVD

EDIT:
Wondering : why only 4GB? I mean, every full update DVD for Leopard and SL are at least 6GB.

Hactar

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Same issue, macbookpro8,2, similar screen corruption to raveman. If I hold down shift I can boot into dp2, which I had on it before trying to upgrade. Sometimes it gets slightly further than the screen corruption, sometimes it doesnt even reach that.

Reseting smc, nvram, etc, did not help.

So annoying, dp3 didnt run either on this machine.

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
I was able to successfully get DP4 to install after I powered off the machine and ran disk repair/verify from my 10.6.3 SL DVD. I booted back into Lion and it recovered the installation and continued to hang on the same line. Then by some miracle it stopped and started extracting the core .pkg's from the SL DVD that was still in my opt drive. It then began copying them into the OS 10.7 installation and proceeded to finish up the install just fine. I'm now rocking DP4 and its pretty sweet.

I have no idea why it extracted the .pkgs from the SL DVD though...

inf

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
This is what I get if i try to install Lion DP4 (i'm now on dp3) at the moment (the attachment screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-06-07 at 21.26.53.png
    Screen Shot 2011-06-07 at 21.26.53.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 276

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
I was able to successfully get DP4 to install after I powered off the machine and ran disk repair/verify from my 10.6.3 SL DVD. I booted back into Lion and it recovered the installation and continued to hang on the same line. Then by some miracle it stopped and started extracting the core .pkg's from the SL DVD that was still in my opt drive. It then began copying them into the OS 10.7 installation and proceeded to finish up the install just fine. I'm now rocking DP4 and its pretty sweet.

I have no idea why it extracted the .pkgs from the SL DVD though...

I don't understand, what exactly is needing to be fixed? All partitions seems to be okey (booting installer in single mode and running fsck and other stuff).

Hactar

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I don't understand, what exactly is needing to be fixed? All partitions seems to be okey (booting installer in single mode and running fsck and other stuff).

I dont think he has the same installation issue we are having raveman. Hes on a different machine and he gets to the installer, we dont even get that far, we only get that screen corruption.

It appears that the macbookpro8,2 doesnt play with dp4, I havent found any work around yet.

Atarikid

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Maybe DP4 can only be updated from DP3?

Anyway, I cannot believe so many people having issues with DP? and the latest MBPs
Apple must be aware of this right?

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
I dont think he has the same installation issue we are having raveman. Hes on a different machine and he gets to the installer, we dont even get that far, we only get that screen corruption.

It appears that the macbookpro8,2 doesnt play with dp4, I havent found any work around yet.

Im on a 15inch 2010 Macbook Pro (Core i7 model). It seems that the 2011 models are still bugged to heck and back when it comes to DP4

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
I have strange feeling that there are problems with ATI/Intel cards and on-fly switching, which are in 2011 models. What if to delete or get from DP3 corresponding kexts ? (like with the wifi cards)

Hactar

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I have strange feeling that there are problems with ATI/Intel cards and on-fly switching, which are in 2011 models. What if to delete corresponding kext ? (like with the wifi cards)

Have you tried the wifi kext thing? I was about to try that...

raveman

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Russia
Have you tried the wifi kext thing? I was about to try that...

Yes, wifi was the first thing which was deleted. But there was no any kernel panics while booting. Only when switching to graphics mode system hangs.
Unfortunately I have no DP3 installed and I can't check this for now.

Hactar

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Lol, got it booting. Heres what I did:

1) Took a second macbook pro (non early 2011, an older model), booted it from a lion dp4 DVD i made.
2) Hooked up my macbookpro8,2 (early 2011) and booted it in target disk mode, installed DP4 from the older macbook pro onto the new macbook pro via the firewire cable.
3) Followed the IO802 kext removal instructions from here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1145144/

Notebook now boots (without wifi support).

Now I'll run the kext replacement instructions from https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1145144/ to get my wifi back.

Yeay! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.