PDA

View Full Version : Apple screwed me over: dev authentication

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 01:14 AM
I was all excited when I received my link from Apple for the iOS dev program and then this happened:

"We are unable to activate your Apple Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity."

Really Apple? Seriously?

:(. Nothing ever just goes smoothly!

rkmac
Jun 7, 2011, 01:16 AM
This is usually due to the use of a credit card that is under a different name than the one you used to sign up for the dev account.
It is usually very easy to remedy, they would have given you steps to take to verify your identity with them.

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 01:19 AM
All they said was to fill out a form and notarize it. They also gave me an email to contact which I did.

If I have to wait more because I have to fax them information and then wait for them to verify it, I might explode!

rkmac
Jun 7, 2011, 01:37 AM
All they said was to fill out a form and notarize it. They also gave me an email to contact which I did.

If I have to wait more because I have to fax them information and then wait for them to verify it, I might explode!

Haha, I'm still waiting on the activation email... I may explode with impatience as well :p

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 01:39 AM
I waited for like 8 hours and when I finally saw the email from Apple I was so happy! Then I clicked the link and that crap came up :(

/sigh

rkmac
Jun 7, 2011, 01:55 AM
I waited for like 8 hours and when I finally saw the email from Apple I was so happy! Then I clicked the link and that crap came up :(

/sigh

Just got my email! Just registered my UDID and downloading iOS5 now. Very excited :p

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 02:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm jealous, happy/excited, and also angry with you :O! Enjoy I guess!!! Grr :p

HawaiiMacAddict
Jun 7, 2011, 03:09 AM
Just got my email! Just registered my UDID and downloading iOS5 now. Very excited :p

Congrats on getting accepted! I just renewed mine, downloaded iOS 5, but have been met with error 3002 when I try to upgrade my iPhone 4. I'm all paid up and active, but can't upgrade my damn iPhone. :mad:

Noisemaker
Jun 7, 2011, 11:15 AM
It's hilarious to me that so many people are on here - non developers who bought the license just to get iOS 5 - complaining about a few hours of waiting.

I'm an actual developer who purchased my Dev license to actually use for development.

I waited THREE MONTHS for my account to become active due to various issues regarding the developer program at the time, and I'm not the only one. Several other devs that I talked to that had enrolled around the same time also had lengthy waits.

The people complaining aren't even developers, and yet when they can't even figure out how to load up the Beta, it will be the developer forums they post on, begging for help from people who legitimately belong in the developer program.

You lot are worse than the people begging for UDID registrations, and are making a mockery out of the Developer Program.

Phil A.
Jun 7, 2011, 11:19 AM
Congrats on getting accepted! I just renewed mine, downloaded iOS 5, but have been met with error 3002 when I try to upgrade my iPhone 4. I'm all paid up and active, but can't upgrade my damn iPhone. :mad:

Upgrading doesn't work - you have to do a restore. You can then restore a 4.x backup onto your device to get back where you were (but obviously it takes much longer end to end than updating).
Also, if you've modified your hosts file (for example, while jailbreaking), you need to undo those changes too

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 01:45 PM
It's hilarious to me that so many people are on here - non developers who bought the license just to get iOS 5 - complaining about a few hours of waiting.

I'm an actual developer who purchased my Dev license to actually use for development.

I waited THREE MONTHS for my account to become active due to various issues regarding the developer program at the time, and I'm not the only one. Several other devs that I talked to that had enrolled around the same time also had lengthy waits.

The people complaining aren't even developers, and yet when they can't even figure out how to load up the Beta, it will be the developer forums they post on, begging for help from people who legitimately belong in the developer program.

You lot are worse than the people begging for UDID registrations, and are making a mockery out of the Developer Program.

Except I have an app I am working on? You shouldn't just assume things about other people. I was going to wait to enroll until next month so I could test it on my device, but then I got too excited to try out iOS 5 at the same time.

Stop being a snob. You sound just like the old "grey beards" that are doing nothing but hurting the community: http://www.cimgf.com/2011/06/03/why-so-serious/

Anyways, I called Apple and they fixed it. I had my middle initial and he said it wasn't a problem and quickly fixed it!

Hansr
Jun 7, 2011, 01:56 PM
This is actually common and there are numerous threads about similar situation here and elsewhere. Heck searching for the explicit quoted reply gives 1200 results on google.

Anyways, I called Apple and they fixed it. I had my middle initial and he said it wasn't a problem and quickly fixed it!

Make one question why you decided to create this thread prior to contacting them...

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 02:19 PM
Then I apologize. I was merely using an avenue to vent my frustration.

Edit: Because there were conflicting things I found. There is a form that they want you to fax them which apparently isn't really important even though it appears as if it is in the dev hub. Some people called and some people waited many days after emails. I didn't really know the best way last night at 2/3 am.

Icedog
Jun 7, 2011, 03:09 PM
I haven't had any issues with the Apple dev program, but when I last renewed (well expired by 1.5 months) my MS Technet membership I had to wait about 3 weeks for it to go through. Sucks, but at least Apple isn't the only one's that have these types of issues.

Branskins
Jun 7, 2011, 06:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

What was nice was how easy it was to fix. I was just annoyed last night at 3 am when it seemed like I couldn't do anything until the next day!