PDA

View Full Version : Installing DP4 Lion

iJohnnyG
Jun 7, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hey,

I've downloaded DP4, I'm trying to install on my spare hard drive on my MacBook Pro. It has DP3 on it already, however, when I'm installing I keep getting "There was a problem installing Mac OS X, try reinstalling".

I've done a clean wipe of the hard drive and tried installing it that way but keep getting the same error message.

Can anyone assist me??

Cheers,

J

macvergio
Jun 8, 2011, 08:30 AM
The same error is happening to me too. I didn't do a clean install.. I'm trying to install from 10.6.8.

I have a MB, 2gzh C2D, 8 gb ram... I should have no problems installing.. but 2 minutes into the install I get an error.. no matter what I do.

Any idea?

kristoffers4
Jun 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
Had the same problem on my 2009 iMac..

mrapplegate
Jun 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
Hey,

I've downloaded DP4, I'm trying to install on my spare hard drive on my MacBook Pro. It has DP3 on it already, however, when I'm installing I keep getting "There was a problem installing Mac OS X, try reinstalling".

I've done a clean wipe of the hard drive and tried installing it that way but keep getting the same error message.

Can anyone assist me??

Cheers,

J
What did the install log show? Mine had permission errors on the hard drive. I had to repair the disk then the install worked.