Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jm2005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I installed the new 7k60 travelstar to my PBg4 400. I cannot pass through the select hard drive page upon installing OS X since it doesn't recognizes the newly installed hard drive. My problem is I don't know how to format the hard drive. I have a version 10.2.3 of OS X. It doesn't seem to automatically open the disk utility or format the drive. I'm new to computer and I have no idea what to do.

jm2005

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I'm not entirely sure about this one. Try booting from the software restore disc that came with the computer.

fradac

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Atlanta, GA
its easy, do this

hey,

its pretty simple this is what you do.

once you come to that page where you have to chose the installation drive. goto the top of the screen, and from one of the drop down menu's start disk utility. there you can creat a partition and format the drive.

once the drive is formated, close the disk utility and now it should show the new drive with an red exlamation point saying it can't install on this hd.

well now just simply quit the installtion, and reboot the computer again and go through the installation, everything should be good now :)

hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.