View Full Version : Error 14 Verizon iPhone iOS 5
Jun 7, 2011, 06:28 PM
When I am restoring my Verizon iPhone software (iOS 5) it completes "restoring iphone software" then, it always gives me an unknown error 14. I have tried it both on win 7 and win xp with no luck. I am using iTunes 10.5 and pointing it to iOS 5. I also have my UDID registered.
Please help me.
Jun 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
I too am having the exact same problem :(
I heard that this error was due to the iswp being corrupt. I downloaded the file again.
However, the error still persists :(
Have you managed to find a fix yet ? Im sure there are many people suffering from this problem !
Please Help ??? :)
Oct 12, 2011, 10:51 PM
Bump! Same issue...
Oct 13, 2011, 01:47 AM
Original IOS 5 Download must have been corrupted. I don't know how to force a re-download so I used my "other" Mac to solve this problem
1. plugged iPhone onto the "other" Mac I have
2. downloaded the new IOS 5
3. restored iPhone to factory setting via iTunes (as prompted)
4. unplugged it from the "other" Mac and
6. plugged it back into the first Mac (where I originally got the Error 14 Message)
7. restore from Backup Process Started Automatically