PDA

View Full Version : FS in Indy or Valpo area: 12" Powerbook Rev. D / 768MB / 60GB / Combo / Pixel Perfect

Chrispy
Mar 22, 2005, 03:47 PM
**Will now ship within United States if anyone is interested who is not local**
Hello all, I had offered this laptop earlier but then had to check with apple on the combo drive becuase it was making loud noise. I figured out it only does that with the Apple restore DVDs for some reason but they work fine. I will be in the Indianapolis area this weekend from Friday till Sunday (March 25-27th) and would like to trade while I am in town. I also live in Valparaiso, IN the rest of the year if anyone wants to buy now. I am still looking for $1400 if interested. This is the base model of the Rev. D 12" Combo with the RAM upgraded to 768MB. This laptop has been used with an external keyboard and mouse since I got it a month ago so it is in MINT condition. E-mail me at chris.hadley@valpo.edu if you are interested or PM me. Thanks

Edit: Just in case anyone is curious about why I am selling, I am looking to get a 15" Rev. D from the Mac store in Indy when I am in town. I have started doing a good amount of web design work and the 15" screen would be better for that when I am on the road. Also, if and ONLY IF you are a student of a state university I will include Microsoft Office 2004 academic edition and VPC 7.0 with Windows XP Pro and the file to install in the case you need to reinstall it. Again, this is for state university students only... no exeptions will be made on this. Thanks :)

Chrispy
Mar 22, 2005, 08:41 PM
I figured I would add some more info about myself so you can check me out. My e-bay seller ID is custompcmicro if you want to check my seller reliability. I will also ship (US only preferred) if no offers are made for anything local for $1430. I am in a dispute with Paypal right now but if you really want to do a credit transaction I can look into bidpay or whatever you as the buyer recommend. Money order or cashiers check is also perfectlly acceptable as long as your shipping address is included on a note inside the envelope in which the payment is sent so I know it is legit. Thanks!

Cypher3
Mar 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
Would you be interested in a trade for a 12" rev. B + cash for your PB?

Chrispy
Mar 22, 2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the offer but I am really looking for cash or maybe a trade for a 15" Rev. D with no problems.. but really I am looking for cash if at all possible. Thanks again for your interest tho.

ericssonboi
Mar 22, 2005, 10:49 PM
I don't know if there are any local Apple shops nearby... but a lot of them do Trade in programs... you could always give that a try..

Chrispy
Mar 23, 2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the tip :) If nobody is interested then I will just keep it for now but it is good to know those trade programs exist.

debroglie
Mar 23, 2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the tip :) If nobody is interested then I will just keep it for now but it is good to know those trade programs exist.

I wish that I would have known about this a month earlier. At that point I was looking at trading my 15" Rev C for a 12" Rev D, or just outright buying a 12" Rev C. I also live just over an hour away from Valpo, and my girlfriend's family lives there.

Out of curiosity, where in Valpo do you live? The people I know live just south of 30. I think that they live in Crestview, or something like that.

keysersoze
Mar 24, 2005, 05:59 AM

Just for the record, I had a very easy and pleasant transation with Chrispy-- I would recommend dealing with him for sure.

:)

Chrispy
Mar 24, 2005, 02:07 PM
Just for the record, I had a very easy and pleasant transation with Chrispy-- I would recommend dealing with him for sure.
:)

Thanks for the good note :) It is always good to hear back from someone when they had a good experience. I have been buying and selling on e-bay for years but now it is just so expensive with the fees that I am looking for alternative. If I don't sell this one it will not be the end of the world for me because I still like it very much.. I just would be better off for what I do now with a 15". I'm not going to give e-bay a chunck of money for something I don't HAVE to sell haha. Oh and if you didn't know by it being a Rev. D, iLife 05 is preinstalled on it and comes on the restore DVDs. Thanks and let me know if you are interested. :)

XIII
Mar 26, 2005, 03:22 PM
Hey.

My deal has fallen. I need to speak to you very soon man. :)

Chrispy
Mar 26, 2005, 04:11 PM
Still for sale :-)

Cypher3
Mar 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
You know you want to trade your 12" for mine + cash! ;)