PDA

View Full Version : How to enable iCloud in Lion DP 4??

Banan911
Jun 8, 2011, 08:57 AM
A friend of mine who's a developer, wants to be able to sync with his MacBook Pro with his iOS devices by using iCloud.

Well actually he isn't a developer, but he has paid for access :p

Now we are trying to figure out how to enable iCloud under Lion DP 4. In system preferences there is only a MobileMe option??

What are we missing?

DustinT
Jun 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
You are missing IOS 5 for your mobile devices.

fishkorp
Jun 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
On his developer portal there's a separate download for the iCloud stuff that needs to be installed.

mrapplegate
Jun 8, 2011, 09:16 AM
A friend of mine who's a developer, wants to be able to sync with his MacBook Pro with his iOS devices by using iCloud.

Now we are trying to figure out how to enable iCloud under Lion DP 4. In system preferences there is only a MobileMe option??

What are we missing?
Follow the instructions (http://developer.apple.com/icloud/downloads/), they are pretty simple.

DaveFlash
Jun 15, 2011, 10:59 PM

What are we missing?

I'm not sure telling you will get me in trouble or not, but if you installed "iCloud for Mac OS X Lion" it's under a new System Preference pane: http://a.yfrog.com/img738/2668/1wfq.png

i as a dev couldn't find it before either, until i noticed the new "Mail, Contacts and Calendars" pref panel. good luck setting up your iCloud!

_________
yours truly, DaveFlash.

Brammy
Jul 13, 2011, 10:18 PM
As an aside, how did you take that screenshot with the dimming?

MikhailT
Jul 13, 2011, 10:20 PM
As an aside, how did you take that screenshot with the dimming?

Apple does that whenever you search in the system preferences. Itís how people are directed to locate what theyíre looking for. Itís pretty nice.