PDA

View Full Version : 17" iMac G5 Diode error

iMAC G5dreamer
Mar 22, 2005, 04:29 PM
hi guys my mom's iMac just crashed a few hours ago,apparently it's something with the temperature,when she was performing a normal task on the Imac it freezed and gave me a kernel panic then when i inserted the IMAC test disc and it gave me the following error 2STH/1/2:cput-Diode.
The fans of the 17' iMac are all the time whirring and sometimes it looks scary ,because you are doing nothing and the fans start,she is in 10.3.8 with 512 of ram 1.6 Ghz

thanks for the support guys i appreciate it

daniel

vouder17
Mar 22, 2005, 04:54 PM
hi guys my mom's iMac just crashed a few hours ago,apparently it's something with the temperature,when she was performing a normal task on the Imac it freezed and gave me a kernel panic then when i inserted the IMAC test disc and it gave me the following error 2STH/1/2:cput-Diode.
The fans of the 17' iMac are all the time whirring and sometimes it looks scary ,because you are doing nothing and the fans start,she is in 10.3.8 with 512 of ram 1.6 Ghz

thanks for the support guys i appreciate it

daniel

Well i reckon you need to go and open your iMac and check if the lights are on/off. there is something on apple's website about your such problem. i reckon that you will get better results if you go and look for a resolution at Apple (http://www.apple.com/support)

Anyways
Peace
DjVoTeZ