Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
During the keynote, Jobs mentioned that photos will be kept on the cloud for 30 days and the quote below is from apple's cloud page. Does that mean if I take a pickture its only available on the cloud for 30 days or is the cloud just syncing it to all devices. What happens to a photo I took in January and its now February, will they disappear? Does the favorite shots saved to my camera roll end up on the cloud at all?

One thousand of your latest photos. With you all the time.
iCloud helps you manage your photos efficiently so you don’t run out of storage space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. When photos are sent to your iOS device, they appear in a Photo Stream album that holds a rolling collection of your last 1000 photos. iCloud stores new photos for 30 days, so you have plenty of time to connect your device to Wi-Fi and get your most recent shots. Once they appear in your Photo Stream, you can save your favorite shots to your Camera Roll or any other album on your device.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
During the keynote, Jobs mentioned that photos will be kept on the cloud for 30 days and the quote below is from apple's cloud page. Does that mean if I take a pickture its only available on the cloud for 30 days or is the cloud just syncing it to all devices. What happens to a photo I took in January and its now February, will they disappear? Does the favorite shots saved to my camera roll end up on the cloud at all?

from how i understand it

all photos are sent to photo stream upto a max of 1000, and they only stay there for 30 days (icloud and your phone)
when they sync from cloud to your mac, your mac keeps all of them forever

you can favourite them, which means they will stay on your phone

for older pictures that havent been set as favourite, looks like the only way to get them back on is a wired sync as now

thats how i read this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.