PDA

View Full Version : Master of Orion 3

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 12:12 AM
It looks like they will actually release it in our lifetimes ;) They are now saying November 26. Think Master of Orion 2 with souped-up graphics on a much wider scale.

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 01:57 PM
You said something in another thread, that its like alpha centauri on a galactic scale. If this is true, I will probably buy it soon after it comes out.

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:01 PM
Here's some sites with info, it hasn't been released so the sites will be a little difficult to wade through.

http://www.moo3.com
http://www.apolyton.net
http://moo3.gurdiansweb.de
http://www.orionsector.com

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:04 PM
Thanks

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:11 PM
Here's my favorite, it's all of the playable races in the game (except for one which they have never shown)

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:14 PM
Thats a huge selection! I'm definitely getting it now! It's a mix of wierd aliens to a guy that kind of looks like an eath general. This is going to be one cool game.

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:17 PM
Yea, the Humans look kind of like Imperial Officers fom the original Star Wars trilogy.

There is another race that is going to be really weird but nothing will be revealed about them until the game is released.

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:25 PM
Most of those races are pretty wierd. Especially the one that looks like a jellyfish, and the one to the right of him. One kind of looks like a demon also. Looks cool.

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:28 PM
The two jellyfish looking races are of the same type of creature. All of the races are divided into species (Humanoid, Saurian, Ichthytosian, Insectoid, Eoladi, Cybernetic, Lithovore, Harvester)

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info.

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:47 PM
Which one looks like a demon?

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Which one looks like a demon?

On the top row, the second one kind of looks like a demon.

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:50 PM
Oh, that's just a Sakkra. It's not a demon, just a lizard.

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 02:53 PM
What is the crystal one in the bottom right?

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 02:55 PM
That's a Silicoid. They tend to be a little bitchy in my opinion.

diorio
Sep 21, 2002, 03:03 PM
Well, I can't wait to play. I've got to go, so I'll talk to you tomarrow or later today.

Billicus
Sep 21, 2002, 07:10 PM
According to current spec. requirements, will this game work on an iMac DV 400 Slot loading?

Durandal7
Sep 21, 2002, 08:07 PM
Yes, the game requires a 300mhz G3.

Perci Mac
Feb 25, 2003, 09:13 PM
Well, the release is today or tomarrow and I still say I'm going to buy it. 39.99 at Media Play, anybody know a better deal?

maelstromr
Feb 26, 2003, 11:53 AM
Amazon says it got pushed back to march. Anyone hear anything different from other suppliers?

Billicus
Mar 7, 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by maelstromr
Amazon says it got pushed back to march. Anyone hear anything different from other suppliers?

Yeah. March 19th. Nearly a year after they originally said it would be released.:rolleyes:
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0303/04.moo3.php

MrMacMan
Mar 9, 2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Billicus
Yeah. March 19th. Nearly a year after they originally said it would be released.:rolleyes:

Thats still better than Duke Nukem forever, which is coming out thats right. *dramitic pause*

"The release date of this game is "When it's done"._ Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation._ There is no date._ We don't know any date._ If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not._ They are making it up._ There is no date._ Period.
"

HHAHAHAHAHA. It was supposto come out while I was in Elementary School, mwhahahaha!hhahahhahah (http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/)

Perci Mac
Mar 11, 2003, 09:28 PM

Oh well, I just bought WCIII, so I'll be occupied for a while.

BrittasMac
Mar 11, 2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Perci Mac
Oh well, I just bought WCIII, so I'll be occupied for a while.
I just got the WCIII expansion so I'll be occupied for a while.

Perci Mac
Mar 11, 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by BrittasMac
I just got the WCIII expansion so I'll be occupied for a while.

He he, it was either going to be MOO3 or WCIII, and I chose WCIII, but I guess if I had chosen to buy MOO3, I wouldn't have been able to anyways. I've seen a copy of the beta, looks cool.

howard
Mar 11, 2003, 10:59 PM
wow that game looks really complicated...but very cool, i might have to take a closer look when it comes out. i'm used to the point and shoot fps games

voyagerd
Mar 11, 2003, 11:58 PM
I pre-ordered MOOIII from Apple in January and they kept pushing back the estimated shipping date. Now, even as the release date for Mac is supposed to be March 19th, they cancelled my order and removed the game from their web store. What gives? Guess I'll have to get it from somewhere else.:rolleyes: :confused:

Billicus
Mar 12, 2003, 04:13 PM
Actually, now it's the 25th.:rolleyes: Macsoft just announced that the game went gold, the last step before mass production.

MrMacMan
Mar 13, 2003, 03:52 PM
Actually, now it's the 25th.:rolleyes: Macsoft just announced that the game went gold, the last step before mass production.

Right before they move it back again.

Annonce ---> delay ---> the 'its coming release' ---> delay ----> Gold version ----> delay ---> release.

Perci Mac
Mar 13, 2003, 08:57 PM
You would think if they announced a release date that they would actually be done with the game, why keep pushing it back? Does it have bugs or what?

maelstromr
Mar 13, 2003, 10:03 PM
It's called the wonderful world of macplay...either they're particularly bad at programing or they crossed the wrong witch's path and got a curse...in any case this is typical for the company, seemingly no matter WHO is running it.

voyagerd
Mar 13, 2003, 10:34 PM
they even killed StarFleet Command 2 for mac, that was really sad....

mueng
Mar 15, 2003, 10:43 PM
My brother got this game for the PC the day it came out. Needless to say, we were both very disappointed. We have both MOO1 and MOO2 and both were defintely on a different level.

M003 is too complicated. You can have a computer take care of doing stuff (building on planets, shipyards). However if you really want to do well, these are things that you should be doing on your own, which takes forever to go to every planet and change build queues, etc.

The graphics are also very bad for a game that is coming out in 2003. I didn't expect the graphics to be amazing, but still.

The game is either too automated or way too complicated. It just doesn't play well.

Lucky for my bro, he could return it. I was very hardcore on buying this game, but playing it on the PC has turned me off to it.

Just my 2 pennies.

voyagerd
Mar 19, 2003, 11:40 PM
The new release date is March 26:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

voyagerd
Mar 19, 2003, 11:41 PM
I'm looking forward to Elite Force II!:D

Perci Mac
Apr 1, 2003, 09:24 PM
So, is MOO3 out yet?

maelstromr
Apr 1, 2003, 09:37 PM
Yes it is, and the depth is phenominal. It's going to take a few days just to get the hang of basic aspects. I really can't believe how many things you are given the ability to control. At points it's almost too deep, but that's what the AI is for. If you are a hardcore strategy'er, get this now.

Perci Mac
Apr 1, 2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by maelstromr
Yes it is, and the depth is phenominal. It's going to take a few days just to get the hang of basic aspects. I really can't believe how many things you are given the ability to control. At points it's almost too deep, but that's what the AI is for. If you are a hardcore strategy'er, get this now.

Sweet! Soon as a get some money and beat WC3, I'll get it.

NavyIntel007
Apr 1, 2003, 09:59 PM
I like strategy but I'm really against these games that are linear but try to act like they aren't. This isn't one of them is it?

maelstromr
Apr 1, 2003, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure...what do you mean by linear?

cubist
Apr 2, 2003, 04:40 PM
Linear, meaning that play starts at one end and moves to the other end. Like playing the scenarios in WC3 or SWGB, or AOEII.

MOO3 does not have scenarios; every game is a random game, like a regular Civ3 game.

Hey, anyone play the dinosaur scenario in Civ2? I thought it was very clever.

maelstromr
Apr 2, 2003, 04:45 PM
Certainly not linear then, some civilizations start right next to you while other you may not meet until late in the game. The tech tree is so huge that you could have a completely seperate yet almost equal level of advancement from another race. (almost) I found this game to be on a level with civ III, with more features and a higher learning curve.

Billicus
Apr 2, 2003, 07:26 PM
So, where have you found it for the Mac? I tried looking for it at my local retailer but they didn't seem to think they were even going to get it.:rolleyes:

maelstromr
Apr 2, 2003, 08:17 PM
It's a bit expensive yet, but I got mine at www.gogamer.com. Amazon has it too.

voyagerd
Apr 3, 2003, 03:06 PM
I got my copy of the game today. It's awsome. I bought it from the link on www.macsoftgames.com

Apple is also selling it

Perci Mac
Apr 5, 2003, 11:01 PM
How long does it take to actually establish a base/colony and begin exploring the galaxy?

NavyIntel007
Apr 5, 2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Perci Mac
How long does it take to actually establish a base/colony and begin exploring the galaxy?

You enter the game with 3 defense ships, two scouts and a colony ship.

Perci Mac
Apr 5, 2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
You enter the game with 3 defense ships, two scouts and a colony ship.

And, it could be a long time until you see anyone else? How does the play compare to Alpha Centauri/ or Civilization 3?

voyagerd
Apr 7, 2003, 07:34 PM
You cam meet other people within a few turns. How long it takes is based on the size of the galaxy and the number of other races. I'm actually at war with two other races. I like the combat:p

Perci Mac
Apr 8, 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by voyagerd
You cam meet other people within a few turns. How long it takes is based on the size of the galaxy and the number of other races. I'm actually at war with two other races. I like the combat:p

What race are you?

voyagerd
Apr 9, 2003, 12:11 AM
I just have it on Human with all the average stuff on. My Hercular Missiles fly, Enemy task forces go boom!:p :D

mischief
Apr 10, 2003, 08:41 PM
I have a big rambunxious Pit-bull/Great Dane mix...... He destroyed my manual!!:confused:

Could someone scan theirs, save it as a PDF, Stuffit and e-mail it to me at mischief6xr@mac.com so I have it again?

Thanx.

-M

voyagerd
Apr 12, 2003, 09:47 PM
Sorry, no scanner here, and the manual is about 150 pages long. Feel free to ask questions...

maelstromr
Apr 12, 2003, 10:17 PM
It wasn't all that immensely helpful either, while I haven't mastered everything, a lot of it comes from trial and error. You'll work the game out pretty well just playing. If that's no good, try writing macplay and see if they'll send you another one...I have a hard time believing anyone will scan that sucker, it's really huge.

MrMacMan
Apr 13, 2003, 12:54 AM
So general consensus?

Buy/no buy?

Will play for a while/will not be fun past tomorrow...?

Getting this basically means breaking the bank for either this or UT2K3 ...