Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caswey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
I'm having problems with the airport extreme card in my G4Powerbook. Everytime I click on the icon for wireless internet, in the pulldown menu I see the message: "No airport card installed" someone please help me out here. I need wireless pretty badly. Can someone also tell me where the airport card is located in this? thanks..

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
caswey said:
I'm having problems with the airport extreme card in my G4Powerbook. Everytime I click on the icon for wireless internet, in the pulldown menu I see the message: "No airport card installed" someone please help me out here. I need wireless pretty badly. Can someone also tell me where the airport card is located in this? thanks..

In the newer Al PBs the airport card is in the battery compartment. I believe it was located under the keyboard in the Titanium PB.

Has it ever worked? If not, try re-seating the airport card. If it's worked in the past, I'd call Apple (if it's under warranty)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.