Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I have the developer preview 4 and have noticed that mission control lags. In particular, the animation from when you push 4 fingers up on the trackpad to when mission control opens is choppy and sluggish. I own the 1.4ghz, 4gb ram 11 inch MBA. Does anyone have this same issue? Unfortunately I am away from home and can't do a fresh install, so I installed over my SL and I have read that the sluggishness issue gets better if you do a fresh install, but I am unsure how well I should expect this thing to run.

Granted, the lion preview in the keynote was presented with an MBA, I have a feeling the sluggishness i am dealing with is only because I am using the beta. I can't foresee apple releasing an OS on a 1 year old system which lags.

as a secondary note, the temperatures run hotter as well and the minimum RPM on the fan is 4.5k rather than 2k with SL. Strange.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
You are aware that beta software runs debugging checks/software resulting in lower system performance?

MDMStudio

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Sorry for the bump of an old thread.

I also am having this issue on my 27" iMac with a i7 and 4 gigs of RAM. I was involved with lion since its beta, however, I am running the released version of lion and it still has this lag problem. I have tested it on my Father's mac book, and it runs extremely smoothly there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.