PDA

View Full Version : Well, I learned something new! DC 2.3 Pm

VanneDC
Jun 8, 2011, 09:56 PM
So got the apple cable and booted up the box... All good, so then u go to re-install the is from my retail tiger disc, and whola!!! Welcome to kernel panic land... So I get worried that the box is shaffted.

And I try and try again, same result, so I go swapping vid cards and ram and then it occurs to me.. My retail disc is 10.4.0 and the pm install discs are 10.4.2... So u grab the original install disc with 10.4.2 on it and yay!!! It installs no dramas and is stable as urhmmm something that is stable.

Lol happy now!!!

Nameci
Jun 8, 2011, 10:27 PM
It is good to hear that you are happy now!

I am a little bit sad, my x1900 will be arriving tomorrow and at the same time I will be flying out for field work. Will be back after a month... :(

No time to test it...

VanneDC
Jun 9, 2011, 01:06 AM
where are you flying off to? i am flying off the day after aswell. :o

666sheep
Jun 9, 2011, 01:54 AM
My retail disc is 10.4.0 and the pm install discs are 10.4.2... So u grab the original install disc with 10.4.2 on it and yay!!! It installs no dramas and is stable as urhmmm something that is stable.

Yeah, DC were shipped with 6600. They (Apple) started embedding drivers for these cards from 10.4.2. KP is caused also by lack of drivers. :)

VanneDC
Jun 9, 2011, 04:42 AM
Thought I had a lemon just before... Really happy with it. Just peeved that sims3 medeval won't run on ppc. This thing is solid as a rock, now just need to get more ram and airport extreme.

Nameci
Jun 9, 2011, 05:48 AM
where are you flying off to? i am flying off the day after aswell. :o

Sorry for off topic, I will be flying off to South America and would not be back until early of next month. I will miss my powermacs.

burnout8488
Jun 9, 2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry for off topic, I will be flying off to South America and would not be back until early of next month. I will miss my powermacs.

I'll go over to your house once a week to dust them off, boot, and take care of them while you're gone. Lmk :D

Nameci
Jun 9, 2011, 07:20 AM
I'll go over to your house once a week to dust them off, boot, and take care of them while you're gone. Lmk :D

Thanks. But no other hand touches them but mine alone :D.

I don't shut 'em down, they're just sleeping and will be awake when I get back.