Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
About an hour ago, I noticed my video wasn't working properly. It takes files literally a minute or more to launch, and they freeze randomly in the middle of playing for 10+ seconds at a time; sometimes audio continues, sometimes not. I know it isn't a slow hardware problem; I'm running the 27" 2010 Core i7 iMac.

This happens EVERYWHERE, by the way; iTunes, QT, VLC, Movist, Mplayer, even in QuickTime 7 & MPEG Streamclip!

Any ideas? Anyone else having a similar problems? I can't even think of anything I've done differently for this to suddenly go bad on me. It was working fine yesterday and this morning (and I was on Lion DP4 then, too).

Meyvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Update: it even happens with Flash & Silverlight video.

Update edit: Okay, so now System Preferences is taking forever to load. Seems like it's more than just video. I think I may just go back to SL. This is a nightmare.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Update: it even happens with Flash & Silverlight video.

Update edit: Okay, so now System Preferences is taking forever to load. Seems like it's more than just video. I think I may just go back to SL. This is a nightmare.

Report these as bugs. Are they reproducible on another similar system? There are just too many people who like myself are running current hardware with not many problems with DP4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.