PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook CD-ROM Super Loud!

kanpachi
Mar 23, 2005, 02:34 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if it was normal for the CD-ROM in a PB to be loud while a CD is playing. I put a music CD in there and it would spin nonstop and make a lot of noise. I understand that the CD-ROM needs to read the CD, but it seems ridiculous that it is so loud. Would appreciate some feedback, thanks.

mduser63
Mar 23, 2005, 10:17 AM
My Powerbook is pretty loud when playing audio CDs, and I've heard other people report the same thing. I find it annoying also, and wonder why it has to be so loud. It's not loud when playing DVD, so it seems like it should be able to play CDs quietly too.

kanpachi
Mar 23, 2005, 05:07 PM
My Powerbook is pretty loud when playing audio CDs, and I've heard other people report the same thing. I find it annoying also, and wonder why it has to be so loud. It's not loud when playing DVD, so it seems like it should be able to play CDs quietly too.

Hmm, well if this is a well-known problem, then I guess there is nothing much that can be done. Darn, the PB looks like it's perfect when viewed externally, but upon actual usage you start to see the bad parts. Oh well, thanks!