Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

engelhart

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Hi all

I just ordered a 12" PB from Apple UK with educational discount.

I already have a Rev C 17" but that seems to have been taken over by the girlfriend, plus I am starting a PhD next year and will be doing a lot of travelling in the Thai-Malay peninsula so the 12" made some sense.

Anyway, I ordered this from Apple on Monday at noon and got the e-mail saying this is not an order confirmation blah blah blah. However, it is now two days later and still no official confirmation of the order from Apple. Does it usually take this long? I seem to remember getting the confirmation for my 17" in about 12 hours (and that seemed like an age at the time!), although I don't seem to have the e-mail anymore to check.

Thanks

Simon

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You should give Apple a call, sounds like there might be a glitch somewhere. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Is there a store near you? Dropping by a store or a reseller seems faster, unless its BTO...

engelhart

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Thanks for the comments.

Finally received a confirmation from Apple last night and then it shipped this morning! The PB is coming from the Netherlands as well, I thought they all came from Shanghai (My 17" certainly did).

Simon

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
engelhart said:
Thanks for the comments.

Finally received a confirmation from Apple last night and then it shipped this morning! The PB is coming from the Netherlands as well, I thought they all came from Shanghai (My 17" certainly did).

Simon

A BTO product come direct from the factory in Shanghai, an 'off the shelf' one would come from stock in the Netherlands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.